Tyre stiffness comparison thread

dan the man

Advanced Member
[
So, hence this thread...I'd like to keep this level of grip ( well most of it anyway), have the ride a bit smoother, and without the car handling like jelly !!! :wink: :wink:[/quote]

your not gona find another road tire with the same grip im afraid.
everyone agrees on here DC2s, etc etc..

the AD07s just rock and grip like nowt else..

u will get a tire more comfortable but under power your car will start to edge out if u go mental... I suddenly thought all tires were crap after feeling the grip ad07s had... they scared me as the harder i pushed the harder they gripped and i can drive fast. So never got them to understeer which made me go wtf!!!!!!?

and yes parada spec 2s are a good compromise. Softer than re040 and AD07s etc... yet not toyo soft and good grip all round.

dont worry about the size, they fit sweet and protect your alloys, and ring ABP as they are 75 quid each...u cant go wrong :idea:

Zero7

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
[

u will get a tire more comfortable but under power your car will start to edge out if u go mental... I suddenly thought all tires were crap after feeling the grip ad07s had... they scared me as the harder i pushed the harder they gripped and i can drive fast. So never got them to understeer which made me go wtf!!!!!!?

I think these might be too hard for my car, I am tunning coilovers and the ride is not very compliant on our roads. I think I need something in between these and my F1's

Ken A

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
Ken A said:
SiKBoY said:
What about Parada Spec 2's, although they kinda cheat being 215/40's.
nah...have to keep the OEm size..thx anyway.
Why ??? They are superb I recommend these on DC5's or CTR's.
Dunno really....thinking being 40's theyd be quite a bit firmer and a bigger gap in the arches.

Ken A

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
I think these might be too hard for my car, I am tunning coilovers and the ride is not very compliant on our roads. I think I need something in between these and my F1's
Exactly what I was thinking !!!

dan the man

Advanced Member
not much in it. My friend with CTR says the spec 2s are harder than TOYOs but slightly softer than OEM re040s...

so could be what your after. he hated toyo cos of the slop but wnated to try something else.

just go feeling sidewalls of tires..toyo they flex so easy..yokos do not at all even off the rim i find 8)

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
But re050 are not soft tho remember!!

still bit than 40s but not like jelly like toyos erc

original fit on S2K 50s... could be good compromise for some people.

federals? :roll: :p :lol:
Yeah, the RE050's are not what you would call soft, but are one of the softer ones in the Bridgestone Potenza range!!! :lol:

Federals= BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU COULD EVER MAKE. Put the fear of God into me every time I drove it hard. :oops: