Tyres (again)

truffs

Right before anyone says 'have you used the search engine' yes i have but cant quite fnd the answer that i am after :lol:

My front tyres are what we call 'border line' at the moment and because of this i now have to find some new ones.

At the moment i have the following: Bridgestone Potanzas 215/44??? ZR17

What are you boys and girls using and how much because im paying £120 a pop including the fitting etc etc.

Also can you mix and match i.e Potanzas on the rears and Goodyears on the front with a different tread variation?

cheers, may the discussion begin
8) :lol:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Dan,

I would never mix tyre brands, even types within the same brand.

Have you looked on www.mytyres.co.uk?

See what price they come out at with Pot's.

Tyres is a personnel choice, what every you are happy with.

I ran Toyo's, but wont again, wore too fast for me.

I like Bridgestones, mainly because I can get them for my own use cheaply, but only those sizes and specs which we fit to cars at Swindon. Hence why with my road alloys, I'm going to run Pots 205 / 45's, as I get them on the cheap side (approx a 1/3 of retail :!: ).

As I said, it's what's your happy with.

Mike

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
My tyres are now mixed !

Two new Dunlop SP9000's on the front and the old FM901's on the back (must be a Jap brand Dunlop).

I swear by the SP9000's thou, but everyone has different preferences !

I paid £95 plus VAT for mine which includes balancing etc etc.

DP.

Advanced Member
I payed £400 for Eagle F1's all round including vat and fitting etc and i'll be getting those again when i need some more!!! fantastic tyres - amazing in the wet too 8)

Evs

Advanced Member
I've got Bridgestone S-03s on mine - miles better in the wet than the RE040s it came with. Cost me somewhere between £400-450 from a local tyre place, can't remember exactly.

Having compared RE010s, Goodyear F1s and Bridgestone S-02s on my DC2, I'd say that the F1s were the best in the wet but the S-02s were close, and the S-02s felt much better in the dry - stiffer sidewall and better turn-in. I just went with S-02s by default from then on, but now the S-03 has replaced it. HTH

mikegsi

Staff member
i put f1's on mine, paid £95 per tyre, went to kwik fit, told them i could get them for £97 each fitted - (from t'internet then local garage to fit) and they did them for £95 each. (inc balancing etc)

the only thing im not too keen on is that the sidewall doesnt seem as stiff as the jap tyres that were on it, i'll prob go for something different when i change them next

User

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
i put f1's on mine, paid £95 per tyre, went to kwik fit, told them i could get them for £97 each fitted - (from t'internet then local garage to fit) and they did them for £95 each. (inc balancing etc)

the only thing im not too keen on is that the sidewall doesnt seem as stiff as the jap tyres that were on it, i'll prob go for something different when i change them next
Everyone complains of the same (soft sidewall) with those tyres.

I had them on the scoob, drove me nuts till I increased the pressures to 35 all round, they were much better after that and the soft edges lasted much longer too.

I've still got the stock Yoko's on my car, seem ok but they suck untill the've got some heat into them. I'll probably go for Bridgestones when they're shot.

mikegsi

Staff member
User said:
mikegsi said:

Everyone complains of the same (soft sidewall) with those tyres.

I had them on the scoob, drove me nuts till I increased the pressures to 35 all round, they were much better after that and the soft edges lasted much longer too.

I've still got the stock Yoko's on my car, seem ok but they suck untill the've got some heat into them. I'll probably go for Bridgestones when they're shot.

might give that a go mate, stick em up to 35 and see what it feels like :D

dobber

Advanced Member
Evs said:
I've got Bridgestone S-03s on mine - miles better in the wet than the RE040s it came with. Cost me somewhere between £400-450 from a local tyre place, can't remember exactly.

Having compared RE010s, Goodyear F1s and Bridgestone S-02s on my DC2, I'd say that the F1s were the best in the wet but the S-02s were close, and the S-02s felt much better in the dry - stiffer sidewall and better turn-in. I just went with S-02s by default from then on, but now the S-03 has replaced it. HTH
They have stopped making S-03's now. The REO10s are made specifically for Honda's apparently. In saying that ive put on Eagle F1's and will probably stick with them :)

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Truffs,

Im running Eagle F1's - they're fantastic.

I got them fitted quite local to us - Bracknell Tyre and Battery (01344 411323). £85 a corner - all in! One of the cheapest in the country, Im sure.

They also have the B'stone RE040 at good prices. Phone for quotes.

Mitcheldever Tyres are also meant to be cheap.

truffs

scaryprowler said:
Truffs,

I got them fitted quite local to us - Bracknell Tyre and Battery (01344 411323). £85 a corner - all in! One of the cheapest in the country, Im sure.

Mitcheldever Tyres are also meant to be cheap.[/quote

Nice one Mr Prowler, was waiting for you to relpy with some local numbers :lol:

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
truffs said:
scaryprowler said:
Truffs,

Mitcheldever Tyres are also meant to be cheap.[/quote

Nice one Mr Prowler, was waiting for you to relpy with some local numbers

Evs

Advanced Member
dobber said:
They have stopped making S-03's now. The REO10s are made specifically for Honda's apparently. In saying that ive put on Eagle F1's and will probably stick with them :)
Really? Didn't know that about the S-03s, thanks for the info. xthumbup In that case I'll probably swap them front to rear and change them all at the same time. Thought the S-02s were better than the RE010s tbh. Will have two sets of wheels soon anyway, might go for F1s for winter and RE040s for summer... :idea: :wink: