Tyres - Eagle F1's OR UniRoyalRainSport3's??

Rich3248

Advanced Member
(Before everyone kills me, I know there is plenty of tyre threads on here)
Apologies....

Anyway, I need 2 new front Tyres

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 215/45 R17 91Y XL (R1) FP TL -- £72.15/€90 Each (+Shipping £19/€24)

OR

Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 - 215/45 R17 91Y XL FR TL -- £62.10/ €78 Each (+Shipping £19/€24)

We get alot of rainfall throughout the year here (South of Ireland) and was recommended the UniRoyals but from the looks of things the F1's seem to be very common among users here.

So should I just go with the F1's or try the UniRoyals?

TYRE SIZE - 215/45/R17's

Not much difference in price to be honest.
Any other recommendations welcomed but I need to order them by Monday Night (29/Dec/2014)

2ndy

Advanced Member
I went for the uniroyals on my last car which was a s2000. They where brilliant in wet conditions.. still filled me with confidence in bends and never once aquaplaned so they get my vote.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
TypeRich said:
Id have to replace the 4 tyres then as I have 215's all round. Only need 2 front tyres
You wont, im currently running my winter wheels with eagle f1s, 225s on front and 215s on the rear. Rears will be changed to 225 when they need replacing.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
On oem wheels they look miles better from the slight extra width. Less chance of curbing your rims too.

Its very minimal but the extra bit of tyre can only benefit grip

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I'm sticking with 215's on my work wheels.

Anyway can we make a decision on the tyre choice?

integraleo

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
I'm sticking with 215's on my work wheels.
Anyway can we make a decision on the tyre choice?
Yes of course it's your choice but can I ask why you're against 225 fitment? They are usually cheaper,look better on the wheel and give extra rim protection and no rubbing no downsides.
Goodyear eagle f1s get my vote by the way. Get the xl version

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Eagle f1 all day long! Had them on the dc5 and just put a full set of them on the fd2. Grip is superb for our irish roads and weather combination. I got them from camskill before but I ended up getting them from Carbery Tyres in Clonakilty the last few times. He usually works out at the same price as from uk. They're on Facebook if you pm him for a quote. Worth a shot

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Haven't had much to compare them too but a bit fan of the F1v2.
Good price on camskill. Little over 70 each plus a fiver for delivery.

p1tse

Advanced Member
assuming you're from Ireland with the € quotes

not sure if mytyres deals in Ireland, but they are about £90 fitted, when you take into account of buying online, delivery, fitting, prices are similar

p1tse

Advanced Member
There appears to be several variation of these. The above has R1 in description, not sure what that means, and then I've seen others which have rim protection etc.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Patch_teg said:
There appears to be several variation of these. The above has R1 in description, not sure what that means, and then I've seen others which have rim protection etc.
FP on Goodyear tyres means fringe protector aka rim protection

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Will this take away from the look of the alloy? Will it cover up the lip on the alloy and make it look stupid ?