Tyres pressures for AD08s

JezW

Advanced Member
The general feeling I was getting online for AD08 pressures was somewhere between 31-33psi. The sticker inside the door says 33.5 and 32psi, it's in Japanese but I'm guessing it means front/rear.

I checked my tyre pressures and the front were 35psi, rear 29psi. Seems a bit high and a bit low?

I set them to 34 front, 32 rear, but the petrol station is just round the corner from me if anyone has any input on that.

Also, my front brakes are a bit squeaky when I'm braking at low speeds.

The pads have plenty left on them, at least 4-5mm and the discs are nice and clean. I stopped at my local garage and was told it could be the wear indicator, even though there's loads left on the pads. Maybe the pads I'm running have a wear indicator miles before its needed which is causing the squeaking. I'm pretty sure the pads are oem, hopefully Ian will chime in on this one.

When I was at TGM a couple months ago I asked Tom to have a look and he couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Oem pads squeel for some and not for others, it's normal, even with shims. If it annoys you that much just take them out and put more copper grease on them. The noise could easily come back though.

Re: tyre pressures, there's nothing wrong with the tyre pressures you've set. Just experiment with them and see what works best for you.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
pads are oem.

i set mine at 32 front 28 r, just bear in mind that as the tyers get hot the pressures will change..

tom set the pressures on your car as he was the last one to change the wheels over.

JezW

Advanced Member
Thanks for the tip blueguy. I'll get some copper grease on there when I next change the pads. I better try to wear them out faster :)

You're right Ian, they're Tom's settings - I suppose he knows a thing or two about tyre pressures...

JezW

Advanced Member
Ok thanks, I'll try what it's on at the moment then in a couple months change it to that and see what I prefer (or if I even notice it lol)

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Are you sticking with the 35 F 29 R ?

Would like to know this cause I'm running AD08's also and I just normally out 32 all round

JezW

Advanced Member
I've got 34 front 32 rear at the moment, which is basically what the sticker inside the door says (33.5 and 32).

I'll see how this feels for a little while.

JezW

Advanced Member
I like the logic but as you said, TGM set the pressures to 35 front, 29 rear? Tyres were cold, car was driven for 5 minutes then left 30 minutes before I checked them.

Stoo

Whining.....
LOL just because TGM set the pressures, doesn't mean they are going to be anything special or specific ;)

JezW

Advanced Member
It's been 34 front, 32 rear for a couple weeks now and driving well. I'm not sure I would notice the difference of a few psi though.

In a month or so I'll set them all to 30 and see how that feels.