Tyres:

jammy84

Advanced Member
I know this must have been covered before but once again, the search function isnt finding what im looking for. Too many results to look through

Basically the car i just bought came with 3 cheap ass tyres and 1 michelin, they all have good tread but the cheapies are beyond pathetic. I need a new set and want to know what quality tyres are best to go for? Also where is the cheapest place to get them?

jammy84

Advanced Member
ive done this before but the problem is paying for someone to fit them if you buy from internet. i have to pay £15 a tyre to fit. most people dont even do it.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
tyre traders have tie up with loads of local garages, they deliver them direct to the fitters, they display both prices. If your near TGM they will fit them for you, Tom put all 4 of my RE070s on. These are the best tyre bar none, except when there is loads of standing water on the M40, but for dry and damp conditions nothing touches them apart from A048s.

Rob84

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
tyre traders have tie up with loads of local garages, they deliver them direct to the fitters, they display both prices. If your near TGM they will fit them for you, Tom put all 4 of my RE070s on. These are the best tyre bar none, except when there is loads of standing water on the M40, but for dry and damp conditions nothing touches them apart from A048s.
I'll agree with this except I personally find them very good in wet conditions. granted they may not be as grippy as F1's in the wet but then who really gives it the big one when its raining?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I've just paid £105 per tyre from Camskill for my 070's. Still bedding them in but so far they feel really good even in the snow we had earlier this week.

danny100

Advanced Member
i ve got a set of yoko advan Neova ad07 (Lotus OEM) on mine,yes its 215/45/17, its really good,and it drive better than 048 in wet, and i believe it might last bit longer, my car only do 2-3k miles a year, i ll let u all know at one day.. shame the ad07 has discontinue,now update to ad08 which is cost approx £190 each,i been told, however its one of the best tyres can find for dc5R :xyes:

jammy84

Advanced Member
you dont get 070s in 215/45/17s according to all the companys i phone. is there a different size to put on maybe?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
The only 070's you can buy in the UK are the scooby fitment which only comes in 225/45/17, I've just fitted them but have no problems clearing the arches. On the standard wheels they'll fit fine.

jammy84

Advanced Member
the camskill guy was proper cheeky to me i asked for 215s, he said 'aw you sent me an email in the morning didnt u, i told u we cant get it' (which i didnt) , i just hung up on him. am goin sumwhere else for the 225s thank you very much.

cpoh

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
the camskill guy was proper cheeky to me i asked for 215s, he said 'aw you sent me an email in the morning didnt u, i told u we cant get it' (which i didnt) , i just hung up on him. am goin sumwhere else for the 225s thank you very much.
Consider the goodyear eagle F1 asymmetrics instead of the RE070's, i personally found them to be the best tyre period for the DC5 on the road. When i bought my DC5 first it had RE070's on the front and the asymmetrics I had after were a far superior tyre, especuially in the wet.

Rob84

Advanced Member
cpoh said:
jammy84 said:
Consider the goodyear eagle F1 asymmetrics instead of the RE070's, i personally found them to be the best tyre period for the DC5 on the road. When i bought my DC5 first it had RE070's on the front and the asymmetrics I had after were a far superior tyre, especuially in the wet.
except that the goodyears have side walls made of marshmellow and offer no feel or feedback :wink:

cpoh

Advanced Member
Rob84 said:
cpoh said:
jammy84 said:
except that the goodyears have side walls made of marshmellow and offer no feel or feedback :wink:
Unfortunately you are referring to the older f1's the newer asymettrics are simply the best tyre out there for any money for road use. Ive had both on my car and in both wet and dry the asymmetrics won hands down. It seems everyone else agrees:

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreife ... index.html

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreife ... index.html

haitch

Advanced Member
Julian from Rarerims will be the first UK importer, and is doing a group buy on the new Yokohama AD08 at the moment, give him a bell for prices.

George K

Advanced Member
REDLINER said:
Im going to try these hankook ventus v12 evo k110 tyres next good price and good all rounder. Check the comparisons for yourself.
Here http://www.1010tires.com/tiresearch.asp?submit=yes
I bought a set of these about 18 months ago, and initially was not over impressed. However having used them on the road and for hill climbing I have been agreeably surprised - doing good times in both wet and dry. Have only done about 6,000 miles, but so far wear is quite good. As hill climbing does not get the tyres warm, I use low pressures of 28/26 - probably a bit low for prolonged high speed work. General stability is good despite 2.45' negative on the front.

jammy84

Advanced Member
ordered my F1 asymetrics from funkypower. should get em next week. also getting wheels refurbed. get a pic up when im done!