tyres

zetec

as above lads..looking at getting a decent set of tyres on the dc5 next month..now my options so far are

*toyo t1r's-had these on my old starlet turbo and loved them in the dry but wet are excrement :L

*uniroyal rainsport 2- never had these but told they are great in dry and wet.

*hankook rs2's- havent had these either but were recomended..

now the cheapest option would be the toyo's but,im open to sugestions and opinions on what people use? thanks.

rascal69

Advanced Member
I had the Toyos on my old Jordan and thought they were pretty crap.
Re70's would be a good tyre to get.
A lot of folk rate them highly

Coomya

I still use the RE040's and cant fault them really.

I hear the goodyear asymmetrics are very good in the dry and wet but are quite pricey.

chiltls

I use the Hankook ventus V12 EVO, I've done about 25k of mixed driving and really rate them, the only down point I have with them is when they start to get a little old they tend to 'tram line' but if you're expecting it you know its gonna happen.

I got them from Britania Tyres in Hinckley Leicestershire for £87 a corner

zetec

thanks for replies..im living in ireland so im lookin to spend 400 quid max on the tires and fitting and balancing..
so i think im goin to get the rainsport 2's/hankooks or t1r's..still need to do some more reasearch..thanks

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I've moved this thread to the right section.

Out of the three options you have given, I would go for the RS2's.

dotty

Advanced Member
After my recent outing to spa and nurburgring. I'll be sticking with AD08's they're an incredible tyre.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Are the AD08's all year round tyre? or a summer / road legal track tyre?
The re070 only come in 225 and I have heard they are not good in the wet?
Also is the Hankook rs2 an all year round tyre? As my car is an everyday car even in the cold and wet I would need some grip. the RS3 looks a very nice summer tyre.

Tha dunlop Direzza z1 star spec looks good also

integraleo

Advanced Member
Without doubt Goodyear eagle Asymmetric 2 is brilliant in dry brilliant in wet works fairly well even when cold.wear rate isn't too bad (ive had 8000 miles so far) and the xl version has stiff enough side walls and I can get them for less than 100 a corner! As far as im concerned it's a no brainer.I shall be sticking with these tyres

D_L

Advanced Member
where's the cheapest place to get some Goodyear eagle Asymmetric 2 as need to get some soon

Thanks

integraleo

Advanced Member
wherever i look online for prices i can never get them cheaper than a local garage to me.Wickets wheels in Bradworthy in Devon.ive got to ring them soon actually my fronts are pretty near the limit.....scratch that might just swap fronts and back,expensive month!

integraleo

Advanced Member
just had quick look and for 225's they are 99.80 from camskill at the minute.thats with quick look might find cheaper elsewhere