Tyres?

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
I'm after a new set of tyres for the teg. I want something good performance without spending a packet.

I've been looking at Toyo R1R's

What are you guys running? The teg will see miner track use

Dan34

Advanced Member
Bridgestone RE070 are probably the best bang for buck really, work well on track and road. Roughly £85 a corner.

Altecians

Advanced Member
R1Rs are great , for the street driving/track tyre market its hard to beat the ad08.. the big differences I find with R1Rs versus the Ad08 is that the R1Rs seem to lose that grippyness sooner than the ad08.. about 75% into their life.

I'd recommend:

1. Advan AD08
2.Toyo R1R
3.Hankook's RS2
4. Federal's RSR

Dan34

Advanced Member
TARA J said:
That's not bad at all. Do you know a good place to buy them?
PM FunkyTyres on here, they will sort you out!

Altecians has listed some others, I know AD08's and RSR's are good, but Ad08's arn't cheap, the RSR's are a bit better priced.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Advans are too expensive for me. Although I'd love to run them. R1R look a little too track spec. RS2's I cant find anywhere and Ive never been a federal fan. But thanks for the advice

I found some RE070's for £75 each - these I was told are specific for a Subaru and they wouldn't recommend them for the Teg. Have many ppl ran these?

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I can't comment on track use but I was recommended Goodyear Eagle F1's on here and they're brilliant on the road.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Yokohama's or bust for me! Always ran some sort of Yok's. Got the Advans atm but will be getting the Advan R's next. Can't reccomend them enough. Last ages and endless grip. Give Rare Rims a call, they usually do me a good deal.

Dan34

Advanced Member
TARA J said:
Advans are too expensive for me. Although I'd love to run them. R1R look a little too track spec. RS2's I cant find anywhere and Ive never been a federal fan. But thanks for the advice

I found some RE070's for £75 each - these I was told are specific for a Subaru and they wouldn't recommend them for the Teg. Have many ppl ran these?
Are they 225/45/17? If so then they're fine. They're standard fit on a certain model impreza. I've got them on my works and standard wheels and they are fine!

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
Are they 225/45/17? If so then they're fine. They're standard fit on a certain model impreza. I've got them on my works and standard wheels and they are fine!
Yes that's the size. My enkeis are an 8" wide so with the standard tyres being 215 i figured the 225's will keep it balanced out with the extra inch in width.

How do you get on with the stiff tyrewall does it make the car tough to turn?

Dan34

Advanced Member
TARA J said:
Yes that's the size. My enkeis are an 8" wide so with the standard tyres being 215 i figured the 225's will keep it balanced out with the extra inch in width.

How do you get on with the stiff tyrewall does it make the car tough to turn?
Nah the steering is fine, its more direct with the stiffer sidewall. One thing is the ride is compromised slightly, but not bad by any means.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
I'm running the RE070s. 225/45/17, no problems yet. Even with all this wet weather, but then I don't drive fast. Was looking my self but il eather stick with them or try the eagle F1s

Brophy

Advanced Member
I'm currently running the RE070's on my Enkei rpf1's Tara :)
17x8 and with 225/45/17 and fit perfect the stiffer sidewalls are great and traction is fantastic.

I previously had the RSR's fitted and were fantastic in the dry and scary in the wet lol also I found wear stupidly quick ... Also the 215/45 RSR is as chunky as the 225/45 RE070's :)

Erm

Advanced Member
If its a daily driver then look no further than the Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2s 91Y rated

Funky Tyres

Members
TARA J said:

They were OE for the RE070 buddy but they are fine for any car. In fact considering we trade on ScoobyNet we've actually sold more of these on here, Clio forums etc lol.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I shall be ordering some re070s to replace my goodyear f1s at end of next month when I get paid. Can't fault the Goodyears at all and would happily buy again but will try the re070s just to see.
Funky tyres I shall be in touch