Ultra racing c pillar picture request

Brophy

Advanced Member
Can confirm this also :) I have a J's one fitted and seer belts are still fully functional and also fits if have a parcel shelf ;)

Brophy

Advanced Member
Can confirm this also :) I have a J's one fitted and seer belts are still fully fictional and also fits if have a parcel shelf ;)

As in they don't exist? :p

Damn predictive text lol fully "Functional" :p

JezW

Advanced Member
Thread revival here..

I'm looking at getting a c pillar brace and I'm just wondering about the benefits since they're not actually connected to the suspension struts. Has anyone fitted one and noticed the difference?

Does the J's brace distort the plastic trim when it's tightened? And lastly...anyone got the Megan brace?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd like an answer to this question too.

I was chatting with Ian (CaLi) at a meet the other night as he noticed the J's racing C pillar brace in my car. I thought I had three of them, the C pillar, one on the floor across the front of the rear passenger seats and one in the engine bay. After speaking with Ian it turns out I have another one low down in the boot across the back of the seats hidden away. It's only visible when you pull the velcro that attaches the boot carpet to the back seats, didn't even realise it was there.

What are the point of these exactly?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
You'll answer your own question when you take them out and sell them to me once you drive it again :p

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

JezW

Advanced Member
Ahh coyote...just the man for my questions ;) So...feedback on the c pillar brace please? Does it distort the trim?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
You'll answer your own question when you take them out and sell them to me once you drive it again :p

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Ha ha!! You a fan of them then!

Which ones do you need? I don't know what they do tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
They increase the rigidity of the car in the places they are fitted so that there is less flex during hard cornering, amd maybe braking too.
I doubt a difference can really be noticed unless the car is pushed near its limits on track.
All DC5s have the boot one as standard, but can obviously be changed to another brand.

FireDance

Advanced Member
Thread Revival!!!!

Does anyone have pictures of the C Pillar brace fitted with the rear seats upright?

I need to see how close it is to the top of the seat before I fit it. If it is too close I will be selling it! I bought one off a forum member without checking this first :(

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
Thread Revival!!!!

Does anyone have pictures of the C Pillar brace fitted with the rear seats upright?

I need to see how close it is to the top of the seat before I fit it. If it is too close I will be selling it! I bought one off a forum member without checking this first :(
Hey, it fitted in my car with the seats up and seats belts fitted... I'll try and find a pic