Unbolting front tower nuts where the strut goes over

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
If I take the 3 nuts off this tower strut and jack my car up, would the suspension come off? Sounds really daft I know, but I've been advised to jack the car up after taking the nuts off in order to fit a fixed width front strut brace as it will ease fitment? Please advise before I do... it sounds a bit iffy to me :xconfused:

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Stoo said:
Which strut brace???
Ultra racing one, it's a bit tight and hence doesn't sit quite flush but been advised to jack my car up an trying again. Is the 3 threads part of the chassis or suspension tower?

sinbad

Advanced Member
It shouldnt fall off as its connected to the steering/suspension parts halfway down the shock body too. Ive done it on two previous cars, just go's to show how much the chassis is flexing.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I was going to say the same thing as vtdoo above, but this just goes to show (even tho our chassis's are pretty rigid) that they still have a bit of flex in them, did you manage to get this fitted now?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
No I tried again yesterday, it seems the ring mount on the strut is on a slight angle compared to my car hence it doesn't sit properly; which in turn doesn't line up with the rear mount holes (4 way piece strut).

I've emailed the company back to see what they can do, as clearly it doesn't fit!