Should I go for an RBC?

• Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Trying to decide if I should go for the RBC manifold or not?? :?

Do I really need more than 240bhp at the front wheels??

Is it worth the money??

Help me make my mind up guys :D

Cheers,
Nick

Evs

Advanced Member
when you're driving it, do you often think 'gah, this thing is so slooooow, I wish I had more power :x '

Your answer is the answer to that question.

:lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
I gained 10bhp and 5lb/ft torque with mine.

In real world terms the car doesn't feel any quicker than it was but it does feel more responsive.

For the rolling road gains it gives then it is worth the money in my opinion, but i'm not sure you'd notice much difference on the road, if any :?

Suped

Advanced Member
Go on Nick, DO IT!!!!! Get a throttle body while your at it. Maybe throw in some cams and you'll be laughing! :lol:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
You got to think to yourself do you think the car can handle the traction with more power?

I've been thinking about it too and have talked myself out of it, I'm currently running approx 245 and feel that it's plenty quick enough on the road and the track :wink:

It is a bargain mod though and is probably a similar gain to adding a race header without the MOT issues. The main reason I haven't done it is in the back of my mind I'm always thinking about when I come to sell the car and having to strip it down. All the exhaust mods and induction etc are pretty straight forward to remove but the RBC will be that little more difficult.

Just my 2 pennies :)

Though I'll probably still get one in the end

deburr

Advanced Member
Just off the subject but can you run the RBC manifold and a bigger TB using a standard ecu ???

Thanks

Kris

tron2k3

Advanced Member
deburr said:
Just off the subject but can you run the RBC manifold and a bigger TB using a standard ecu ???

Thanks

Kris
Sure you can probably not recommended though

LeeH

Advanced Member
deburr said:

Thanks

Kris
A bit pointless I would have thought.

Nick86

Advanced Member
nick you then need to map it. so as eddie says, while your at it, throw some cams in and uprate the valve train and increase the compression :lol:

if you just going to get RBC and map it, i wont bother because cost too much for not much gain.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Cheers all :D

I'm still undecided but might just buy it and sell it to one of you lot if I decide I dont want it :p