Undersealing question...??

Quincy

Hi guys, had my Teg under sealed and left overnight in the garage. Collected it today, and since then there has been a strange smell in the interior. (So bad I went and bought air freshner) Standing beside the car you can still get a smell of what I believe to be the undersealant ( I hope ha) . Is this common after you get this done? Interior is spotless as far as I can see! Any opinions/with this welcome...

jammy02

Advanced Member
I would imagine it just smells due to the environment it's been in.

No different to when you have your car painted for the first few days there is a hint of paint inside.

JamesL

Advanced Member
I had slight overspray on my exhaust from underseal, when I first hit Vtec the first few times I pooed myself thinking my engine was on fire. It was just the underseal burning off the zorst

Quincy

It wouldn't be so bad, if it was an after smell of paint. But it ain't so pleasant. The job they done was spot on, & they used Schultz to underseal too. I hope it subsides soon 😷

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Hey dude.

I recently had my car completely undersealed and for the first couple of drives, I had to drive with the windows down smell was intoxicating.

Underseal isn't pleasant stuff and will probly take a good few weeks to solidly cure, the smell will get better and is normal but as above the first couple of drives are the worst.

Hth

Rob R

Advanced Member
Both times I've picked up fresh imports I found the smell of the underseal to linger for a good while. I think it adds to the JDM'ness

Quincy

Hey Alex, it's a relief to know its common after the job is carried out. I was getting paranoid something else was wrong with the car. Any tips on how to speed up the smell subside, let me know. Cheers guys

Rob R

Advanced Member
You'll probably find it's the area towards the bulkhead and the exhaust mani is heating it up and letting off the smell.

Quincy

I'm in Ireland myself, it cost 200 euro. But with the state of the roads around mine, it's money well spent.

Leighquinndc5

Quincy was wondering where about ya got it done and would u recommend the garage I'm in Dublin south side cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quincy

Hey Leigh, sorry to reply so late man, only copped your question there now. I'm in Waterford myself, so used a well known guy down here "Davy Pickard" he's a panel beater/ spraypainter, he always gets good reviews. Probably wont suit yourself being in Dublin, the car would need to be left overnight to dry etc...

ollydc5

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Slightly off topic... But where did you guys get it done, and how much did it cost you?
I've heard that Area Motorsport do a great job Trist up in Stoke on Trent, need to get mine done also. Have dealt with Rob and his team plenty of times and I can't fault them

zacho

Advanced Member
Got my car back from area motorsport, from what i can see without getting the car up and a few pictures i looked at on their phone, looks like a great job! Had mine cavity waxed aswel, and sealed behind the rear bumper. First time they've done the cavity wax but Rob said all went well.. I took my own underseal, used a medium car kit from Dinitrol that includes epoxy primer rust killer, cavity wax and underbody wax, bungs and aplicator gun. But they supply their own otherwise.

When i get chance at the weekend i'm going to get the car up on axle stands and have a look, and Rob is sending some pictures over so i'll post them when i get them! Great customer care, gave you the time to ask and answer any questions you've got and heard the kind of things i wanted to hear when taking the teg somewhere new for work.

Peace of mind, the teg is all set to face its first British winter now!

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
I've heard that Area Motorsport do a great job Trist up in Stoke on Trent, need to get mine done also. Have dealt with Rob and his team plenty of times and I can't fault them
zacho said:
Got my car back from area motorsport, from what i can see without getting the car up and a few pictures i looked at on their phone, looks like a great job! Had mine cavity waxed aswel, and sealed behind the rear bumper. First time they've done the cavity wax but Rob said all went well.. I took my own underseal, used a medium car kit from Dinitrol that includes epoxy primer rust killer, cavity wax and underbody wax, bungs and aplicator gun. But they supply their own otherwise.

When i get chance at the weekend i'm going to get the car up on axle stands and have a look, and Rob is sending some pictures over so i'll post them when i get them! Great customer care, gave you the time to ask and answer any questions you've got and heard the kind of things i wanted to hear when taking the teg somewhere new for work.

Peace of mind, the teg is all set to face its first British winter now!
Sounds good!
Might have to make a trip up then Olly :)

How much did it set you back Zach if you don't mind me asking? (PM If preferred).

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Has anyone had undersealing done at tgm?
Im dropping mine there on Saturday for underseal wanted to know if they do a good job

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
Has anyone had undersealing done at tgm?
Im dropping mine there on Saturday for underseal wanted to know if they do a good job
Yup ;) had my DC5 done there, Strangely Tom likes doing it......Might be the fumes? LOL

They do a cracking job :)

T.G.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Yup ;) had my DC5 done there, Strangely Tom likes doing it......Might be the fumes? LOL

They do a cracking job :)

T.G.
That's good to hear.
Hope to see some nice tegs there on Saturday.