Undersealing

g-zone

Advanced Member
Quick question, probably sounds stupid but, how can I tell if a DC5 has been undersealed? I'm going to see one today and the dealer doesn't seem to know (it's a honda dealer!)

Thanks

Anton

gonzo

Advanced Member
It looks like a thick black gle painted underneath, normally forms ripples.

Which dealer are you off to see?

g-zone

Advanced Member
Thanks. It was Aylesbury honda. It didn't look like it had been undersealed then. Took it for a test drive and loved it. I think I have found my DC2 replacement. However, this one had a problem idling and the engine would kind of search up to 3K rpm. Dealer said it was a blocked valve or injector or something. Does this sound right - nothing too serious is it?
It also hadn't been serviced since Jan 2004.

The only other thing I was concerned about were the brakes. Now being used to the DC2, I'm used to a pretty prompt stop, that's not to say this wasn't stopping quickly but somehow it felt a bit spongy in comparison. Is this normal - be nice to hear from anyone who's had a DC2 and driven a DC5 for comparison.

Overall it was £16995 with a Mugen Exahust, but no C-Pack, 02 model,Blue with 23,000 on the clock. I'm not totally sure about this one though - I think there might be better spec'd ones around for the same price.

What do people think?

kingston

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
How much was it up for?? and what colour?
g-zone said:
Overall it was £16995 with a Mugen Exahust, but no C-Pack, 02 model,Blue with 23,000 on the clock.[/quote?]

:wink: :wink:

Sounds abit pricey to me!!! You could get a newer model with less mileage, c-pack etc for that sort of money!

g-zone

Advanced Member
Actually, I think it's the same blue one that's on the GT-Culture site, with the 18inch rims (and is going for 15,500).

Hmmm, the plot thickens.

gonzo

Advanced Member
kingston said:
gonzo said:
How much was it up for?? and what colour?
g-zone said:
Overall it was £16995 with a Mugen Exahust, but no C-Pack, 02 model,Blue with 23,000 on the clock.[/quote?]

:wink: :wink:

Sounds abit pricey to me!!! You could get a newer model with less mileage, c-pack etc for that sort of money!
Doh!! Must open eyes!!

Very pricey - esp for a non-cspec model.

Buy Phils off him! It's a great car in excellent condition