Uneven

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Had a good look today whilst car was parked on flat bit of road that the passenger side front is noticeably higher that the drivers side. (no jokes i wasnt in the car!)

Working with the world renowned "how many fingers can fit inbetween arch and tyre" on each side and it confirms that its almost a finger width and a half higher :? Around 30-35mm for all you technical people.

I have noticed this before but put it down to the uneven road surface etc. The car has been lowered on Eibach's at TGM in January and definately wasnt like this prior to the lowering springs.

Any ideas? ill try and get some pics to show what i mean

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Give Tom a call mate. Perhaps the spring isn't sat right?
yeah ill give him a call tomorrow and see what he thinks, me and springs dont get on so ill seek some pro advice.

dazza

Advanced Member
Is it possible that that particular spring is perhaps a duff spring, never heard of it before, but there's always the possibility a spring can be defective.
As the springs have settled since you had them fitted that partcular one has compressed that much more.
A bit difficult to explain what i mean but hopefully you get the jist.

kingston

Advanced Member
could be a worn bush?

Ive got the eibach coilovers on and the rear left on mine has gone, rear right is going, bushes that is.

I only noticed it because the rear left sat 1 finger lower than the rear right and started to 'sink' even more. Originally i thought it was meant to be like this as i know coilovers can be set-up indivually to the car/needs but no, i was wrong and need new parts.

HTH?

ausR

Advanced Member
dazza said:
Is it possible that that particular spring is perhaps a duff spring, never heard of it before, but there's always the possibility a spring can be defective.
very possible, when i had whiteline spriings put on mine, the rears actually had an extra half coil on em than what they should have so the rear sat higher.