Unlucky but soooo lucky !!

firthy22

Advanced Member
To quote Jonahdc5 "Thank F£^& it wasn't the Teg"

Teg was detailed, waxed and tyres blacked on Sundat ready for Japfest so decided to use my old CRV for my 2 days at work due to excrement on the roads from passing farms and fields.

I was driving to work on an open country road and came around a bend at about 40/45mph and a white transit was edging out from an entrance. I thought he would stop when he saw me coming, he hesitated but he kept on going forward and decided to stop at an angle in the middle of the road, blocking both sides of the road.

I had nowhere to go and breaked but it was early morning and slightly damp with dew so I just skidded and hit the front right corner of his car at about 10/15 mph. I intended to drive around the front of him before I realised he was still pulling out. Seems he just froze, if he had stopped when he saw me or kept going when pulling out I could have gone either way around him.

Anyway, he admitted it was completely his fault so will be in the hands of the insurance companies now. Just grateful nobody was hurt and I wasn't driving the Teg at the time. CRV is only worth about £1200 so will probably be written off as the front bumper is pushed back and the bonnet has a nice buckle in it, as well as broken glass.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
You SIR, are very very LUCKY!

Although damaging your bonnet wouldn't have been bad either would it? lol.....