Unlucky caterham drivers at Spa

ps2london

Advanced Member
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky i was busy didn't attended!
DC5 will be using 5th gear at that moment. so fast.....!!! DC5 should be easier to recover... but at that speed... hard to say.

dan the man

Advanced Member
saw that a bit back and thought jesus that has some power to spin out...no one said about coolant. scary as hell.

dan :(

dan the man

Advanced Member
but what id like to know is..

any guesses on the 2nd car???

i thought prelude but its hard to tell :? :?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
i'm probably blind, but the second car looked like an S14 to me :?:

very bad luck! :cry:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Looking at the second half of the video from the inside of the third car it looked like he'd overcooked it anyway coming out of the corner - he was well onto the curbs and was drifting his ar5e out before he hit the line of coolent. It must have looked like he had nowhere to go as the second car had taken up the middle of the track.

Ohhhhh scary :shock:

Evs

Advanced Member
The second car was a silver 4G Prelude, Dave (exboyracer) from Honda Revs.

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?t=57213

The way I saw it was he suddenly saw the caterham sideways across the racing line as he came over the crest, and tried to tighten his line to avoid it, then hit the coolant etc.

Please let's not get into speculating about this, or about whose fault it was - that is a very quick part of the track and the exit is blind. Watching that vid from the Lude made me feel sick - there didn't seem to have been anything he could do, apart from do nothing, and hit the Caterham full on with the driver still on board.

Just imagine that was you, in your P&J? :cry:

Thankfully everyone is OK although obviously gutted about their cars. :cry:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Evs said:
The second car was a silver 4G Prelude, Dave (exboyracer) from Honda Revs.

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?t=57213

The way I saw it was he suddenly saw the caterham sideways across the racing line as he came over the crest, and tried to tighten his line to avoid it, then hit the coolant etc.

Please let's not get into speculating about this, or about whose fault it was - that is a very quick part of the track and the exit is blind. Watching that vid from the Lude made me feel sick - there didn't seem to have been anything he could do, apart from do nothing, and hit the Caterham full on with the driver still on board.

Just imagine that was you, in your P&J? :cry:

Thankfully everyone is OK although obviously gutted about their cars. :cry:
Absolutely agree there Evs.

Soz - was not trying to lay blame on anyone. As I said it was like there was nowhere for him to go and i think averyone can appreciate that horrible feeling you get when you know its going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it :shock:

Evs

Advanced Member
No probs mate. I'd just got back from my first ever track day at Donnington, was all 'yeah, going to get into this', and then I watched that vid... :shock: :( 8-[

Wootty

Advanced Member
I know what you mean. Still not sure if I'll realy do another track or airfield event again after my 'incident'. Love the feeling of blasting round but then there will always be that in the back of my mind.

Evs

Advanced Member
A second car for track would be an idea, but whatever it is you still wouldn't want that to happen.

Didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at you personally there btw - so sorry if I did - just know how threads like this can sometimes degenerate, and wanted to avoid that happening here...

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
The high powered Caterham driver posts as "Jackal" on quite a few forums, he was on a cool down lap when the rear spun out, luckily he was not seriously injured by the Prelude, who looked as if he did the same.

BTW Jackal was out of the car the Prelude spun into his car and knocked him over as he was walking away.

truffs

Lady luck was smiling on both of them in a BIG way :shock: I feel for both of them, minding your own business and then BANG! Your pride and joy written off by because of some 20p coolant :cry:

Evs

Advanced Member
Type R - Matt said:
BTW Jackal was out of the car the Prelude spun into his car and knocked him over as he was walking away.
Yeah I could see that, but I think he was still in the car when the 'lude came over the crest, and if the 'lude had gone straight into him (ie not via the wall) it could have been very nasty. Main thing is that everyone is OK.