Unsilenced b-pipe + OEM backbox (Video now added!!)

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Despite the lack of videos of this particular combo (there seems to loads of EP3s but no DC5s) I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try.

I have come from a Fuji RM01A which is a cracking exhaust but sounds a bit dull. It doesn't drone, or fart, its not too loud, and gains plenty of JDM points, but just seems to lack a bit of character so decided to try something else. (The Fuji may be for sale at some point ;) ) I had a decatted DC2 before and it had a lovely 'zingy' exhaust note and I wanted similar on the DC5.

Anyway I bought an M2 Motorsport s/steel unsilenced b-pipe (for an EP3) and last night mated it to an OEM back box. (Cheers to Kevin85 for sending me a unblemished one! xthumbsup ) All I had to do was slightly expand the holes on the flange where it bolts to the cat as they were just too close together to slip over the studs.

I havent heard it from outside at full chat yet but it has definitley passed the stationary rev test - it produces a nice 'zing' at certain revs which is exactly what I wanted. And as far as i can tell its certainly no louder on the inside. So as long as it doesnt produce the horrible farting noise on the overun at high revs then I'm well happy. And they even look pretty good for a standard back box. :)

I'll try and get some vids to post up so if anyone else is looking at this combo they can hear what it sounds like.

muffinman

Advanced Member
Im running the same but with a sportex unsilenced b-pipe, its probably the perfect setup for me to be honest, i had a greddy systyem on my ep3 that wasnt that loud and it got on my nerves!

Phil r type

Advanced Member
my old car and muffinmans new car (still gutted about that lol) has that set up, if you put in utube dc5 sportex race tube my vid comes up :)

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Phil r type said:
my old car and muffinmans new car (still gutted about that lol) has that set up, if you put in utube dc5 sportex race tube my vid comes up :)
Sounds great. Cheers :)

muffinman

Advanced Member
Phil r type said:
I didnt realise it sounded that good from outside!

nellly

Advanced Member
read the top comment, you have to elongate the holes on the cat end, shouldn't be to much work

Bewesy

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Un-silenced mugen B pipe and a mugen twin loop for me. Perfect combo.
I do like the sounds of that, but i bet it costs a fair bit more than the £150 my new setup cost. I do definitely want to try a twin-loop at some point though.

Do you need a Mugen b-pipe to fit a twin-loop? Or will it mate to OEM and OEM equivalent b-pipes?

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Here's a quick vid from Blyton Park today for those interested in how this combo sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHQ5iU3oAo&feature=youtu.be