URGENT: Buddyclub spares

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Hi all I hope someone can help me, for the last 2 months my DC5 has been lookin like this :(

it developed a grinding/knocking on the suspension
, on strip down i've found the seals on the needle roller bearing turn plates to be damaged which has allowed grit inside and dried up the rollers, i know need 2 new turn plates tried RE Spirit who cant get them he gave me a number for BUddyclub but i spoke to a guy who didnt know his arse from his elbow so didnt get anywhere there (was told to call back MOn speak to Paul), i have also contacted all Buddyclub sellers on ebay and still no joy

Does anyone know of another Buddyclub supplier ? Before i decide to break the car :(

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Dunno if this is any help but when my mate needed a set of top mount bearings for his KW coilobers with spooks top mounts (306 GTi-6) he went to a local engineering company (Forth Engineering) and they sorted him out with some very nice high quality bearings.

From my understanding, you shouldn't need new top mounts, just bearings, and at the end of the day they are only bearings so no reason why a 3rd party company shouldn't be able to supply them for you.

dave c

400hp K20
breaking the car over the issue isn't the answer mate, sling the stock stuff back on for winter and then that gives you till spring to sort it out. I'd be speaking directly to Paul @ buddyclub, he knows his stuff and is the man with the answers where BuddyClub is concerned.

He's a member on here so you can PM him or his company is SPD, (Japshop)

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Please dont break you car would you not consider oem with eibach springs and fast road setup? Failing that have you tried Paul Hughes ?

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I have had a go at cleaning them up, all nice and clean and greased now BUT i have no way to seal up the edge so i'm going to be back in same situation in a few months, took to a local firm who do seals for hydraulic rams etc but nothing there :(

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I had looked at the eibach springs but (if you look at my blog) i'm fitted some 8x17 ET35 so i'd rather have the coilovers to fine tune the height after doing the camber

dave c

400hp K20
SimonJames said:
I had looked at the eibach springs but (if you look at my blog) i'm fitted some 8x17 ET35 so i'd rather have the coilovers to fine tune the height after doing the camber
ET35 are gonna be a tight squeeze, yeah you'll need a decent bit of camber to tuck them in, will look awesome if they go on tho

dotty

Advanced Member
Wait, you're considering breaking the car as your coilovers are knackered ? Get some more coilovers.. Preferably not Buddyclub ones as I've heard nothing but poor reviews on them.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
SimonJames said:
I have had a go at cleaning them up, all nice and clean and greased now BUT i have no way to seal up the edge so i'm going to be back in same situation in a few months, took to a local firm who do seals for hydraulic rams etc but nothing there :(
I wouldn't be looking at trying to reseal the bearings, but replacing them!

SimonJames

Advanced Member
dave c said:
ET35 are gonna be a tight squeeze, yeah you'll need a decent bit of camber to tuck them in, will look awesome if they go on tho
I have an arch roller :)

A previous car

Peugeot 306 lowered 80mm with 9x16 rears

I'll make ET35 fit :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have messaged Paul about this thread. he will be able to help if they can get spares for your dampers.

paul hughes

WHOOOOaaa boy, slow down. no one has ever spoken or contacted me about any issues like this.

(cheers Si for the heads up)

Please contact me on 01772 299820 with your original invoice number if purchased from SPD, or place of purchase and date if from a dealer..
We will help you all we can. But i deal with most of the technical issues on suspension (not the sales guys) :)
regards.
Paul,

Ask for me personally and if i am not in give your name and phone number and take the sales persons name as well.!! :)

paul hughes

dotty said:
Wait, you're considering breaking the car as your coilovers are knackered ? Get some more coilovers.. Preferably not Buddyclub ones as I've heard nothing but poor reviews on them.
Dotty behave yourself !!!!!!
dont forget your position on this forum ?

You can not change History, and weather EG,,EK,,,DC5 ,,or even Mclaren.when Buddyclub Suspension is fitted the Wins come...

There may be collecters who cant get a god damn clear note out of a stradiverious or whurlitzer, but that doesnt mean the equipment is poor ?? food for thought :p