Urgent help please car not locking

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Hi guys need your advise please tonight I blew a fuse trying to wire a camera up to my interior light using the engine fuse box connected a wire to the fuse and by mistake the wire touched the body of the car and sparked, now my head unit does not work and as Iv just tried the lock the car realised my central locking does not work, Iv checked the small coloured fuses in engine bay and drivers footwell all seem to be ok, Any advise please need help ASAP thanks

Vtequila

Dutchy
Are you trying to lock the central locking with your keyfob or turning the key in the doorcilinder itself ? I have kinda the similiar problem but than my doors wont open..

Barnaby Webber

Other than the fuses, tried disconnecting the battery in a hope to reset the lot? Not the best response but i thought i would at least suggest something.

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Ok will have another look though the fuses properly tomorrow searched and found some similar issues, thanks

4JJE

hi. I had the same problem when i put my sterio in and i blew a fuse. it blew the sterio, door locking and windows. it took me a while but it is a fuse under the bonnet for sure. have a look in your hand book to sort out which one it is. its a small fuse. if all fales take them out one at a time to check the small fuse.

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Hi update on this replaced the blown fuse the interior light one 7.5 and all is working now lol funny how a interior light fuse stops the headunit and central locking from working, but happy its sorted cheers for your help

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Just saw this, I had that problem on my Mitsubishi colt where the interior light fuse blew and the central locking stopped working also. Also just replaced the interior light fuse and everything was back to normal, strange little fuses!