Urgent Pic Request!!

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Noticed this morning in heavy traffic (good 30mins in queue's) that there was a burning smell (not strong but evident) when moving off the clutch.

Ive had a problem previously where during the summer the clutch seem to boil and made it hard to change gear http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=clutch

Just wondering whether its linked? i checked fluid and its still mid way between max and min - just wondering if its time to flush it and put some new fluid in?

Any other suggestions? Could take it to Honda in Cardiff but i dont trust them at all.

It did also cross my mind that it could be gearbox oil burning but i would have thought the smell would have more oily (is that a word?)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
we had a similar problem with one of the racecars at the last two events, unfortunatly clutch was knackered

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Bugger :cry: :lol:

One thing - i noticed the rubber which is attached to the clutch fluid cap was all bent and out of shape.

Can i ask someone to do me a favour and take a pic of theirs? Ill try and get a pic of mine to show you what i mean....

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Also would these be same on a CTR? Just wondering if they arent meant to be like that i can get a new one from Honda

Edit: Honda dont sell cap seperate - have to order the whole resevouir for £20.

Tempted just to take it in and get he clutch fluid flushed and some new stuff put in :roll: then can then replace the cap if faulty.

dan the man

Advanced Member
obvously bent out of shape that..someone has forced that back wrong or its over heated and change4d shape.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Forgot to add to this thread but i did get a replacement reservoir and the clutch fluid flushed and replaced at Honda.

Afterwards and since the clutch has been great - no burning smells and slightly better biting and clutch feel. Whole job inc supplying the replacement Reservoir and clutch fluid was £60 which i didnt think was that bad to be honest.

Couldnt be sure though whether it was the fluid itself or the crap reservoir seal letting air in which caused a problem but either way it seems to be sorted.