V-TEC not working

Hi
wat can cause the v-tec not to work,i had my bumper changed to a aftermarket ones,and when i got my car back and wen i reved to 6000 rpm,its sames like its hitting the limiter,it will not let me pass the 6000 revs,thats were the v-tec kicks in,i have checked for low oil,but its fine,took it back to the body people,they dont know wats wrong,so do i have to bring it to a honda dealer,of is my car fcuked ,i am really unhappy as this is my pride and joy,i love my dc5,is it serious or something as came of causeing the v-tec not to come on,,

please help :cry: :cry: :cry:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
If you rev the Car at stand still, the ECU will not let you go into Vtec, nor will it until it is warm first thing in the morning either :!: hence you hit a low down rev limiter.

If after a run out and it still wont let you go into Vtev whilst on the move, then you do have an issue :idea:

Mike

:D hi,
please to tell u that the v-tec is working again cause the plug on the sensor on the throttle manifold came lose causing the engine light to come on honda told me that if this happens,the ecu will not let the v-tec come on and it goes to a a back up mode it will also not let u pass 6000 rpm,now its a flying machine,
For god sake,its all over,i was worried out of my whips lol,couldnt sleep for couple of nights,thinking i had blew the engine :oops: :oops:
Thanks for the replie
:lol: