Vacuum line

itrboi

Advanced Member
Busy fitting my Skunk2 intake manifold, where do people connect the vacuum line to that is on the back of the power steering pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
You on about that black one with the 90 degree bend in it?
That's for the PCV valve.

Guessing skunk do away with it? Rbc just fits the same way.
I'd be keeping it, as it's to do with the oil breather system. Unless you are doing something to replicate, or remove the need for it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Yeah sk2 dont have a port for it, most just leave it open, but if it was me i'd get a small catch can, have it go in to that and then in to the intake pipe so it still has a vacuum

itrboi

Advanced Member
Was thinking of getting an unequal t and connecting it with the vac line going to the brake servo

itrboi

Advanced Member
Strange, I emailed tdi north in the end and was told just to run it to atmosphere through a catch can

Rom

Advanced Member
That's your call man. It's just not my chosen route.
I've got a catch can setup, that I haven't got round to fitting yet. But it won't be as simple as just running it to atmosphere.
I'll have to re read the manual, but I was under the impression it uses the vacuum from the inlet to scavenge the gasses. Rather than they just expel from internal pressure.

There's a wealth of testing done on club rsx, Honda tech etc. To the point someone actually connected gauges up, to see when these lines went positive or negative.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

itrboi

Advanced Member
Yeah I'm tired of reading on the subject now which is why I emailed tdi.

From what I gather in simplistic terms I think the pcv is like a pressure release but for emissions etc manufacturers put it back into the engine via vacuum from the inlet manifold

I think Anyways this is the logic I'm going with

itrboi

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I left mine disconnected by accident one day and the revs were bouncing up and down.
I think this will be more the vacuum port on the manifold being open rather the the pcv valve being disconnected.

Your car will be trying to control the idle whilst there is a hole in the manifold