Valve clearances....

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've read that people have them checked during regular services. But when I checked the manual it says they only need to be checked at 110k miles!

I planned to get TGM to check them this week whilst I get an alignment done but I'm thinking I should just save my money. Its not like they are noisy.

What's peoples opinion on this?

Cheers

mikegsi

Staff member
mine are checked as per the honda service schedule, every other service (the 'main' one)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
How many miles you done Nick?

Mine had been checked @ 18K to be safe.
Hi Lee - I cant remember exactly but something like 40k.

It cant be expensive so I think I'll get them checked.

ausR

Advanced Member
they are supposed to be checked every 40000km/24000mi.

had mine doen recently, fair bit quieter now

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Nick I had mine done not long ago and would recommend it, maybe its just that feeling that you get when the car has had some work done on it but it "feels" improved.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11823&highlight=service
Thanks mike...the car is being dropped off at 8am and Tom's lending me the TGM van :lol:

dazza

Advanced Member
Had mine done at TGM for it's 24k service, i think Tom said to get them done every other major service so 2 years or 24k whatever sooner.

mikegsi

Staff member
dazza said:
Had mine done at TGM for it's 24k service, i think Tom said to get them done every other major service so 2 years or 24k whatever sooner.
:| :|

mikegsi said:
mine are checked as per the honda service schedule, every other service (the 'main' one)
8) 8)

dazza

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
dazza said:

mikegsi said:
8) 8)
I'm confused by what you put :? as aren't the 2 statements the same, every other major service?

markie

Advanced Member
dose the rocker cover gasket need replacing when doing the valve clearences.mine has turned 40k thinking about getting mine checked

mikegsi

Staff member
dazza said:
mikegsi said:
dazza said:

mikegsi said:
8) 8)
I'm confused by what you put :? as aren't the 2 statements the same, every other major service?
the :| :| is a neutral smiley, meant in this instance as a hmmmmmmmmmmm, then showing that i already said that a few posts before then a cool smile, nothing to get confused over mate :wink:

dazza

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
the :| :| is a neutral smiley, meant in this instance as a hmmmmmmmmmmm, then showing that i already said that a few posts before then a cool smile, nothing to get confused over mate :wink:
Oh right, i tend to get a bit confused, must be my age :lol:
I obviously didn't read the thread fully :oops: :lol:

JDC5

Charged DC5
went to ask my local honda abt this.. they said it cost abt £70+vat..

Jd

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Just got back from TGM after having the valve clearances done and a fast road setup 8)

Big thanks to Tom and guys at TGM xthumbup