valve cover stud issue.

big-pete

Advanced Member
right,

so i was in the process of changing my valve cover washers and seals over from the honda ones to nicer tegiwa ones.
all was going well until i had to put the last one on, aaand, snap. must of been age as i put virtually 0 pressure onto it, luckily there is still some thread so i can get a bolt on it and the old honda washer is still on it, but im going to need a new stud.

but im not sure if they are all the same ie length wise? so ive added a picture to show which i need.
if anyone could help with a part number that would be great, and if you have a guide on how to change it that would be even better!!

cheers

Thanks in advance.

Marky.

Is there enough thread to get two nuts on there? If so, tighten those two nuts together and then loosen the bottom nut and the stud should come loose.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I did this. Once you take the rocker off, the stud will have its own nut. It's very straight forward.

If I recall correctly the one near the timing chain is longer than the others.

Tegiwa sell both genuine oem items, check their website.

big-pete

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I did this. Once you take the rocker off, the stud will have its own nut. It's very straight forward.

If I recall correctly the one near the timing chain is longer than the others.

Tegiwa sell both genuine oem items, check their website.
cheers mebz,

can only find 1 bolt http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/dc5/engine-parts-oe/genuine-honda-rocker-head-cover-cam-bolt-a-k-series-k20a-k20z.html

not sure if its the right one, and they recon 2 weeks to get it to me! ffs.

big-pete

Advanced Member
Hope this helps anyone whose looking to do the same. (£7,68 from honda with Vat- next day same price regardless)

Attachments