Valve Springs

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking about getting valve springs, where is the best place to get them and what kind?
Also what else would be a good idea to do at the same time when they have the rocker cover off?

thanks
jonny

jay82

Advanced Member
honda :xconfused:
i think you only need the after market ones if your doing cams

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Yeh thought that. I'm getting a mugen ecu so I want aftermarket valve springs and I'm guessing retainers. I'm looking at skunk2 from funky power.
Anything else I should replace ?
Jonny

jay82

Advanced Member
if your getting the mugen ecu then it'll have to be mugen parts to get the best out of it

Peter D

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
if your getting the mugen ecu then it'll have to be mugen parts to get the best out of it
Valve springs wont matter!

If you're getting uprated valve springs, why not pay the extra for a K100 or Kpro ECU?

With the Kpro, you could even get a base map sent to you from someone on here who is in the know, and you'd be running probably the same power as you would if you had the Mugen ECU fitted...but with more future potential

BUT...then in the near future, all you need is a set of cams and proper remap, and it'll be serious power!

As it would stand, you would have the car ready for cams, yet still running and still faster than standard...but just waiting for the next upgrade to unleash more serious power :xcheers:

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I have thought about kpro and did want to get it. Only thing is trying to get your hands on one. They are £750 new and if you buy it new it will need to be mapped to your car. Which means at least £1000. I planned to get this done but a couple of burst tyres put an end to that.
Also the closest place is tdi north and I am Scotland,plus work commitments it's not possible.

Hopefully inthe future I'm going to go down the cams route which I would need valve springs and all that done anyway so I may aswell get it done now.

And i heard tht all the breathing mods are best to be mugen. But the valve springs would not really matter as they are just to protect the engine ??

Mark_teg

Staff member
OEM S2000 springs are apparently stronger. Check this out for yourself first

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Waste of money and pointless for your situation.
The Mugen ECU is also a waste of money.

What modifications do you have :?:

P.S. Although I have heard of people changing springs and retainers with the head still attached to the block, it's not exactly ideal.
Your plan to save money with cost you more in the long run.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Mods so far are gruppe m,hybrid r fuel rail, rrc manifold, mugen header, mugen twinloop. So got a few bits and pieces. The mugen manifold has had good reviews from the people that have them so I might just try it and get kpro when I have more funds.

Jonny

Stylesa

Advanced Member
You will get much more out of a Kpro. even if you do get a hold of a second hand Kpro, the map may not suit your mods and you'd have to get it mapped anyway. and judging by the prices that second hand Kpro's sell for, you'd only be saving about £50 in total.... :-k you may as well just save up and get a new one.

im from scotland too, but i reckon the long treck down south will be worth it :D

sinbad

Advanced Member
K-100?
The K100 is a circuit board that installed into the ECU in a similar way to the Kpro. It will give exactly the same power gains as the Kpro but does not have the user-programmable functions or data-logging. Price £415.65 excluding VAT

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I've said it before, the majority of people who buy K-Pro would be as well with the K100.

TDi-North said:
Latest prices on Hondata mapping is as follows:

K100 supplied installed and mapped from £793.89
Kpro supplied installed and mapped from £983.17
S300 supplied installed and mapped from £883.12
Flashpro supplied installed and mapped from £779.85

For cars with heavier mods like superchargers, turbo's madass cams then mapping is another £180

All tuning is done from scratch so this is "Full" dyno tunes including composite cam angles for vvt and vtec activation points. (Done properly its actually easier to start from new rather than modify existing maps to suit.)

For anyone that has already had their cars mapped by us and wants launch control points changing or switching to activate through the brake switch I can do this FOC, just give me a call to get booked in.

Also if anyone has already had their cars tuned by us and just wants a general check doing on the dyno then give me a call and I can sort something out for the price of a normal power run. 8)

Thomsojf, Have a look here.