Various noises since exhaust fitted

coconat

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

I had my oem exhaust changed a month or so ago now to Buddyclub and have noticed a few strange noises have developed a month or so after

The first being a very loud whining noise in the car when driving, more noticeable and louder at higher gear, sounds almost like it's coming from the engine to me when driving but my boyfriend thinks it's the exhaust. Sounds terrible when going down the rev range also. It didn't make this noise after fitting and only really started about 3-4 weeks afterwards.

The second is a horrible whirring noise only really noticeable in sixth gear when it drops below 2.5k revs (obviously I don't do this often so have only just noticed it) but the car is not struggling or labouring, tapers off when the revs climb above 3k once it starts. Again this has only developed recently.

BF has suggested we get it jacked up and checks for exhaust holes where it was joined together, aiming to do it this weekend but in the meantime wanted to throw it out for any ideas as to what it could be?

I would record it all but I don't have a great quality recording camera for it.

I've not noticed any difference in how the car performs, but the whining is especially louder than it ever was and distracts you from the actual exhaust at times

Many thanks for any help offered

beppe786

Beppe
Check for leaks.. most prob flow vibration thats what I got when I changed my manifold.. kpro it flow rate will change and noises will change.

coconat

Advanced Member
Cheers :) will get it up and check when changing my oil over then, hoping it's a quick/easy fix