Vauxhall VXR - Half Trackday

Option

Advanced Member
Not sure if anyone on here would fancy this but Vauxhall are offering a half day track session at various tracks, to give the opportunity to try out the VXR range, corsa, astra and monaro.

Anyway the price is £95 inclusive for the half day and the link is :

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/microsite/ ... erid=mmitw

As it stands myself, tron2k3, lockwood and archie are all booked in for the afternoon 25th June 08 at Rockingham.

Would be great to see some others there.

Cheers

Stu

tron2k3

Advanced Member
hopefully there will be some drifting in the Monaro :lol: but hopefully not into the concrete.

Archie

Advanced Member
Yeah cant wait to get behind the wheel of the beast !!! should be a good day :D will be nice abusing someone elses car :lol:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Excellent! 8)

Quite how many cars they will need for this I'm not sure - my missus, dad, future father-in-law and best mate + wife are now all booked on too! :shock:

I'm also worried the Monaro (VXR8?) isn't part of it as I didn't see any on the website pics, but I'll happily throw the other cars round Rockingham! :lol:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
Excellent! 8)

Quite how many cars they will need for this I'm not sure - my missus, dad, future father-in-law and best mate + wife are now all booked on too! :shock:

I'm also worried the Monaro (VXR8?) isn't part of it as I didn't see any on the website pics, but I'll happily throw the other cars round Rockingham! :lol:
The Monaro better be there I'm not paying good money to understeer into the wall, in the Astra.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Only just saw this thread. I did the VXR half day yesterday with my old man and have to say it was a really good crack!

To answer questions above the VXR8 is there, but the ones I got into were autos which spoilt it a bit really making it feel even more heavy (see what you think). I didn;t fit in the astra with my helmet - so only took it out once, but as I'd driven a tuned one on the road before so it was good to feel it on the track, man that car is tail happy!!

Ended up spending the majority of my day in the Corsa VXR - a complete riot!!! Vectra is good too, and you have to have a blast round in the meriva etc just for jokes, sitting up high blasting round - wierd!

There are loads of cars available on the day, I waited for drives in cars for about 4 mins tops, all the other times you just jump into a free car with instructor waiting !! Brilliant!

Enjoy! :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Cool sounds good can't wait. :D

Did you get anything in the post to confirm your booking? As I still haven't got anything yet :?

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
You can get all the VXR's to understeer like crazy as they are all pretty heavy and when the turbos come on boost it can push wide. Understeer wise the VXR8 was king along with people carriers and Vectra, but the vectra does go well and you can easily drive around the front end weight,has a lovely V6 noise at low revs/idle too!
:D

MilanoChris said:
ejwillistyles said:
Vectra is good too
I thought it was an understeering barge. Quick in a straight line but that's about it.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Well went to this today was ok, good to see everyone again, Lockwood77, Option, Archie.

I got told off by one of the instructors for using the ruble strips on track :roll:

Would have liked to be able to push the cars harder which is difficult when you have someone yapping in your ear. Telling you to do one thing then telling you not to do it the next time, make your bleedin mind up, then the problem that all the instructors telling you to take different lines and brake at different points, even though they had marked out all apexes etc.

The corsa's and astra's were the best very chuckable but still understeer kings, the monaro was like driving a truck and the vectra was just a barge, which i hated with a passion, maybe that was down to the annoying instructor.

The best bit for me was the small auto tests in the 1.6 astras timed against the clock, basically thrash the astra's round a coned slalom course, which was great fun.

Was a good day in the end though but the day was made better when I got back in my teg to drive home :lol: made me realise what a great car the DC5 is.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah, I agree pretty much with the above, although didn't have as much of an issue with instructors! :lol:

I don't know if you can dial out all of the nanny aids those cars have, but if not, I would hate to take one on a trackday!

Archie

Advanced Member
Was grt day well worth the ££ !!!

Loved the Astra & Monaro.......

Best car for me was the Corsa 10/10 was grt fun 2 drive !!!

Stu did u ever find reverse in that Astra ????

:D :D