VeilSide Titanium Teardrop exhaust

crxboy

Looking at exhausts for mine at the moment (currently standard). Was thinking about the HKS Silent Hi-Power that many of you seem to rate highly. Then I saw this:

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cf ... ct_ID=1046

Full titanium cat-back system for under £500 :shock: :!: Anybody on here got one of these? If so how do you rate them? I appreciate it would probably be louder than the HKS, but at that price would would be a bargain I reckon?

Not sure if I've got my wires crossed - might only be a backbox for the DC5, as the others listed for evos and scoobies etc are £750 :? :?:

kingston

Advanced Member
might be for the DC2 as it doesnt list the model names for the integra (though it does give 2 options)

have you tried clubrsx to see if any of those folk have it?

crxboy

It definitely was available for the DC5, also found it here:

http://www.nemesisperformance.net/index.html

I say WAS available, as according to the Veilside USA website this exhaust has been discontinued :( The Club RSX forum members don't seem to know much about it either, one stated that only 10 of them were ever sold :eek: :?:

Tried phoning these suppliers to check availability etc - no answer so left emails. I doubt if either has these in stock, so looks unlikely to be able to source one. Watch this space!

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Nice looking back box. I was going to get the spoon one. This is better looking though!

crxboy

Got a reply from Envy Performance; looks like this is a lost cause as they have no stock, with no way of obtaining any (why list it then?) :roll:

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Im refreshing a very old thread here!
Has anyone had/know of someone that has had any experience of a Veilside Teardrop?

Chewy

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
Im refreshing a very old thread here!
Has anyone had/know of someone that has had any experience of a Veilside Teardrop?
Is this for the one that keeps lurking on Ebay in Poland?

Didn't know they did one myself and can't find any videos/information on it myself, the only thing I did fine is that they're light and very loud.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
It is mate!
I bit the bullet & went for it after seeing it pop up over and over again!

As you said, there's no vids/information anywhere. (Apart from 2 rubbish YouTube vids, 1 on an rsx that you can't hear and another with a bloke from veilside bigging it up!)

Due to arrive in the next 5 days!

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Keen to see how you get on with it mate, I was tempted and looked into them myself, and there was one video that made it seem rediculously loud, and another where it seemed pretty reasonable. Nice looking thing, regardless!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Good man, Make sure you takes some pictures of it fitted and get a decent video up for the world ;)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Will certainly keep the dc5 forum updated on it!
Just read on clubrsx that apparently only 10 were ever sold.
That could explain the lack of information OR no one uses it because it's crap?! Haha!

p1tse

Advanced Member
I remember seeing one on a celica gen7 when I owned one back then

Quality looked great but what size is the tail pipe; I think its huge!!

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I remember seeing one on a celica gen7 when I owned one back then

Quality looked great but what size is the tail pipe; I think its huge!!
You're bang on there mate!
It's a one piece full titanium system with 60mm piping into a 4.5" tip!
Only weighs 6lbs!

p1tse

Advanced Member
good luck.

i liked my blitz nur spec i had on the celica and not seen it on a dc5 before.

i remember a work colleague having a laugh and managed to fit his foot/ shoe up my tail pipe
but when i parked next to the veilside one, made mine look tiny; so look forward to what it looks like on the dc5.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
good luck.

i liked my blitz nur spec i had on the celica and not seen it on a dc5 before.

i remember a work colleague having a laugh and managed to fit his foot/ shoe up my tail pipe
but when i parked next to the veilside one, made mine look tiny; so look forward to what it looks like on the dc5.
Thanks mate!
I'm hoping it's bearable as use my Teg on a daily basis, cracking around 400 miles a week at the mo on my current draft.
I too used to have a gen 7 Celica but was only running a Cobra in comparison to your mighty Blitz!

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Was just gunna post those pics, beat me to it! Haha
Size wise, it looks alright in those shots.

Not 100% sure on the VeilSide kit though! Front bumper looks like a Mugen copy.

Here's 1 of the pics from the add: