Vibra Technics Engine Mounts

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I have just found these mounts and wondering if anyone is using them.. as a complete set.

If so.. how are the vibrations.. how long are you using them.

I have tried ESMM i didnt like the vibrations.. (maybe i didnt left them on the car enough to break in if they do get better).. removed them bought an ETD i set it stiff..maybe is getting more stiff anyway... but is not enough... so am looking at other options..i was considering HARD RACE MOUNTS... but run into the ones mentioned above and said i would ask around.

firthy22

Advanced Member
From what I've read on here, all upgraded engine mounts vibrate more than the ESMM inserts. I don't think there's anyway to reduce engine movement without the vibrations, I have the inserts and just got used to the vibrations, they do the job well enough.

dave c

400hp K20
If they are the race kit then they'll probably shake your hands off, not a good idea if you thought the esmm's were too much.

Dave

hondazzz

Advanced Member
From what I've read on here, all upgraded engine mounts vibrate more than the ESMM inserts. I don't think there's anyway to reduce engine movement without the vibrations, I have the inserts and just got used to the vibrations, they do the job well enough.
i think the Hard Race ones are not that bad.. also i have friends with other cars(audi for example) with stiffer(aftermarket) mounts and dont vibrate that much... also imagine those other OEM cars that have more power than ours... how the mounts handle the power... i dont think a stock GTR or 911 could be sold if you go for test drive and everything shakes...

what i mean it has to do with the design of the mounts... ofcourse this come at a cost... i think some Porsches use oil in their mounts maybe something with a valve that adjusts with the load or something anyway this was an extreme example...

also i have read that the ones with harder rubber like HardRace and Mugens ..are stiffer and yet vibrate less than poly filled mounts..

to sum up.. i know the vibration would be more but i am trying to find the best option..

firthy22

Advanced Member
i think the Hard Race ones are not that bad.. also i have friends with other cars(audi for example) with stiffer(aftermarket) mounts and dont vibrate that much... also imagine those other OEM cars that have more power than ours... how the mounts handle the power... i dont think a stock GTR or 911 could be sold if you go for test drive and everything shakes...

what i mean it has to do with the design of the mounts... ofcourse this come at a cost... i think some Porsches use oil in their mounts maybe something with a valve that adjusts with the load or something anyway this was an extreme example...

also i have read that the ones with harder rubber like HardRace and Mugens ..are stiffer and yet vibrate less than poly filled mounts..

to sum up.. i know the vibration would be more but i am trying to find the best option..
Well if you find any engine mounts that vibrate less then the ESMM inserts but do the same job,please let me know :)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Well if you find any engine mounts that vibrate less then the ESMM inserts but do the same job,please let me know :)
The HardRace ones should be good... i might try them as soon as they get in stock..they are out of stock almost everywhere..i 've read thats because they are redesigning them

Dan34

Advanced Member
A bit of a late reply, but ive just put the fast road VT mounts in my DC5, they are awesome! Hardly any extra vibrations but gear changes are so much better.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
just had some esmm fitted to my dc5 the drive home from tgm was fine didn't notice any vibration at all.