Vibratechnics Mounts

moeyR

Hello everyone! I'm looking at the vibratechnic mounts. There are only 3 mounts, would I need a front engine mount too? Has anyone got these on their car? What are they like? Vibrations? Thanks!

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Don't have VT mounts in my DC5 but had them in my Cupra. Safe to say they are spot on, not that much cabin vibration at cold or when warm and definitly do the job. I will be going down the same route for the DC5 when I upgrade the mounts.

I believe, from reading, that the rear, side and gearbox mount are deemed sufficient by VT so that the front can stay OEM. you can always put energry inserts in the front to stiffen it up further. Plenty of guys here with VT or Innovative mounts who can chime in.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I love my Vibra Technics. Had them in for a year, replaced the front worn OEM with with brand new OEM.

They were designed to work with the front mount, so unless you are running silly power (turbo, supercharged) or are a track but then stick to the design.

Gear changes are even smoother, reduced wheel hop and much better throttle response. Awesome.

moeyR

Sounds like they're amazing mounts! Thanks for the feedback guys! I have been researching into them and all good reviews. So would anyone know if I need another front engine mount, with the vibratechnics? Or just fine on the 3 mounts? Any info much appreciated

MrRy

Advanced Member
moeyR said:
Sounds like they're amazing mounts! Thanks for the feedback guys! I have been researching into them and all good reviews. So would anyone know if I need another front engine mount, with the vibratechnics? Or just fine on the 3 mounts? Any info much appreciated
Just re-use your existing front mount. If it's cracked like most are, buy new OEM. This kit is designed to work with the front mount, it is not designed to work with just 3 - there's a thread somewhere on a Honda forum with the guy who makes them / owns the company talking about them, can't remember where it is though.

Kenz

Advanced Member
I had the innovative 75a billet aluminium mounts for about 2/3 month before swapping them out for the VT mounts as the vibrations were too much for me as a daily driver.

The VT mounts are great, maybe not as solid as the innovatives but the cabin noise is almost oem again. I also have the insert in the front mount and the other 3 are VT.

For me, there worth the extra price over the innovative mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moeyR

Hi Kenz, so cabin noise is minimal? Not to a point where it's unbearable?i have currently RS series mounts, they are so noisy and immense vibrations! Any vibrations for instance, gear change?I was thinking either OEM or VT, I but after great reviews I think VT, planning to order next week.

Kenz

Advanced Member
moeyR said:
Hi Kenz, so cabin noise is minimal? Not to a point where it's unbearable?i have currently RS series mounts, they are so noisy and immense vibrations! Any vibrations for instance, gear change?I was thinking either OEM or VT, I but after great reviews I think VT, planning to order next week.
Yep, cabin noise its minimal. When i had the innovative mounts, the whole cabin would vibrate especially around 2k rpm so cold starts were horrible.

Gear changes are good. No vibrations or anything between changes. I could tell the engine was more solid with the innovative mounts but id much rather the car be bearable on a daily commute rather than getting in to the car and hating a 5 minute journey.

Id go for VT's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevieh62000

I run vibrotechnic mounts and am looking to swap for OEM if anyone wants to swap?
The vibration might be minimal but still too much for me.

xDC5Sx

Hi, do you still have them and how much useage? I want to try them. My oem has 32k miles on them and are in “like new” condition.

Stevieh62000

Hi, do you still have them and how much useage? I want to try them. My oem has 32k miles on them and are in “like new” condition.
Also like new. Are yours on the car? I've replaced the drivers side one for OEM but haven't done the other side yet.
I'll be keeping the rear as it is.

xDC5Sx

Also like new. Are yours on the car? I've replaced the drivers side one for OEM but haven't done the other side yet.
I'll be keeping the rear as it is.
I have the driver and passenger side Removed at approx 32k. Car garaged and driven conservatively all its life. Only within the last year and a half or or so started to do bolt on s but still babied for the most part.
The only reason I swapped them with billet Innovative mounts honestly was for the looks and didn’t realize how much vibrations came along with it. I considered putting my oem ones back in as well. They seriously are in pristine condition.

I didn’t quite understand what you meant but do you still have the driver and passenger side vibra technics? and you said you have the rear mount but it’s still in the car and you plan on keeping that one in there? Or did I misunderstand? I have all the oem mounts and would be willing to work something out for the vibra technics. Hopefully you have all 3? I also have Billet innovative 70A rear mount brand new and front mount brand new which I probably now am not going to install.

being I don’t and won’t ever track my car and this car is more of a collector / hobby car that I drive once in a while on sunny days LOL. I want it to be more smooth although I got accustomed to the added vibes and it’s not that bad but I’m very picky about it. I have butyl sound deadening mats throughout the entire cab too and it still annoys me once in a while at certain rpm. I was thinking about putting my oem ones back in but found out about the vibra technics ones and am interested but wondering just how much less vibe it will be than my innovative ones? You were one of the very few I’ve read about mentioning that they still didn’t care for the amount of vibrations it adds over oem. Many said the Vibra technics mounts were like oem tho? .
anyway I’m curious and down , please let me know if you have all 3 or which ones you have and how you want to do this? I also pm’d you so not blowing up this thread which I probably already did LOL attached actual pic of my side mounts …. have the front and rear too. But I’m thinking I have to keep my front anyway right? vibra Tech recommends keeping oem front? If you’re keeping the rear. I wonder how it will be with innovative rear , oem front and Vibra sides?
Or perhaps I’ll do your Vibra sides with innovative front and rear? wonder if vibes would decrease with either of those combos?

let me know ! I’m down to experiment !

Attachments