Vibration noise problem

Jamztor

Having a strange issue when driving in wet conditions usually starts when I hit a patch of water on the road. Get a very loud resonating sound that suddenly starts almost like a tyre rubbing against the arch, it's not this however as when I pop it out of gear it stops, and the noise increases with revs, it doesn't last long (5 minutes has been the longest) then fades away, and have noticed it doesn't happen as much when the engine has warmed up. I'm thinking it has something to do with the exhaust however I don't understand as it doesn't happen in dry condition it has a custom emp on standard manifold. Anyone had a similar issue?

Jamztor

Found a thread on this looks like it's a common problem where the b-pipe is in contact with the floor due to water hitting the exhaust and causing it to come closer to the underside of the car when wet. Anyone know a quick fix for this?

adam.

Advanced Member
I had poly exhaust mounts fitted, made a big difference.

But I barely ever drive the car in the wet now.

itrboi

Advanced Member
I had a quick look on tegiwa but most place will stick them for the same price - assuming we are talking about mount inserts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk