Video of me on Brands Hatch 19th of July 2004

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Just another vid for those of you that have been watching and checking out my progress..

As the 19th was my birthday I decided to treat myself and go to brands hatch with an instructor for the whole day. This gave me the opportunity to learn how to read ahead better and how to enter in to the bends faster.. meaning that my overal driving will improve.

Simon was my instructor for the day and some of you might remember Simon from Bookatrack, track days..

Out of all the money that I have spent on my car in mods, his £250 for the day was the best money I have ever spent and would highly advise anyone that wants to learn how to drive faster and better on track to use his services.

I now realise where I have been going wrong and more important, what I can do to correct that. I now feel that I can go to any circuit and drive it well without further instruction..

Roll on Dono :D

For those of you that have watched my previous videos will probably notice that my lines are better and my overal exit and entering speeds are better.

I have also tried using a new camera, a bullet camera but unfortunately the camera got a little stream up on the lense as you will see on video.

This video is slightly shorter than most of my other ones as I was under instruction during the course of the day so didnt take much footage..

Anyway I hope that you enjoy the vid..

Mark

http://217.150.99.116/downloads/brandshatch190704.zip

JT

Money well spent dude. That's the first thing I did after I got my ride. Mod the driver, not the car. You can bring your skills over to other cars but not always hardware.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Big Ding.

Spend money on the driver, best mod there is, its worked for me, proberly spent £500 over a couple of days on airfields, learnt so much about car control, heel & toe, left foot braking, oversteer, understeer, trail braking, slip angles the list goes on.

T666YPR

That's cheaper than a couple of hours at "Winstons" :shock: :wink:

I should learn to spend my money more wisely :oops:

Happy Birthday too Mark :D

Simon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Ta thanks for the happy birthday wishes mate, you are the only person to say so :cry:

Anyway I have edited the video tonight and taken out the part of the bullet cam that was a little hard to see and replaced it with more in car cam ...

Bullet cams are good but the lense get to much crap on them and then you cannot see whats going on...

If you want to download the video again.

UW

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
That's cheaper than a couple of hours at "Winstons" :shock: :wink:

I should learn to spend my money more wisely :oops:
Simon
Simon you will see a benefit straight away, espeacily if you track your car, I recomend Dom Palmer, and Andrew Walsh (1st Lotus). I think there is more to learn if you have RWD, but still worth it IMHO.

When you learn to catch the back end at 70mph + its a great feeling, and reasurance, I had an 80mph moment at Bedford recently, scared shitless at the time, but because of the training my brain connect with my hands and feet and rescued it with lots of tyre smoke, and suitable approval from the Noble following me :lol:

T666YPR

Everytime I go on track I like to get some tuition.This doesn't teach me the car control I need however just lines and braking.I think I definitely need some proper lessons.

Type R - Matt said:
When you learn to catch the back end at 70mph + its a great feeling, and reasurance, I had an 80mph moment at Bedford recently, scared sh*tless at the time, but because of the training my brain connect with my hands and feet and rescued it with lots of tyre smoke, and suitable approval from the Noble following me :lol:
Now that's what I really need to sort out.

P.S.Thank God noone Knows where "Winston's" is :wink:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
Everytime I go on track I like to get some tuition.This doesn't teach me the car control I need however just lines and braking.I think I definitely need some proper lessons.

Type R - Matt said:
When you learn to catch the back end at 70mph + its a great feeling, and reasurance, I had an 80mph moment at Bedford recently, scared sh*tless at the time, but because of the training my brain connect with my hands and feet and rescued it with lots of tyre smoke, and suitable approval from the Noble following me :lol:
Now that's what I really need to sort out.

P.S.Thank God noone Knows where "Winston's" is :wink:
Mate why dont you contact Simon, the guy who taught me, he will go to any circuit with you as long as its not on the same day as a Bookatrack event as he is there main instructor..

UW