View from Paul G's Race car

dave c

400hp K20
Hi all,

Last week I was fortunate enough to have a run out in Paul G‘s DC5 race car.

I met up with Paul last Thursday (17th) at Snetterton.

After a QUICK (and I mean quick in the “oh sht I‘m gonna die” sense) blast around the circuit we rigged his car up with a couple of cameras and sent him off to do some runs.

With out blabbing on too much here are the results: (if your bandwidth permits it I would recommend watching in HQ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dOQXlZNlM

Bare in mind this is the first time I have done any filming at a track day so I made a couple of mistakes and learnt a lot from the day on a whole I‘m happy with the results tho. The real test is… What Paul and you lot think? (Constructive criticism + suggestions welcomed)

The plan is to film the actual race which is on the 22nd August, The series that Paul races in is the Nippon Challenge GT250, Same series as a couple of members on here, Dixon and a couple of others are in the same series so maybe it could be an opportunity for a meet to give the guys some support. The track day was awesome fun I can‘t wait to see the actual racing.

I think Paul was one of the fastest cars if not the fastest car in the corners on the day. Very impressive seen as there was a number of Ferrari‘s Porsches Supra‘s etc.

Obviously straight line the turbo monsters shot off intot he distance but not as much as I would have thought I was really impressed with the setup.

He has concentrated mainly on the handling modifications so the engine is pretty much stock bar some breathing mods. The car is very impressive indeed.

Like I mentioned above, the plan is to cover the race on the 22nd and if the video is well received then maybe I‘ll film some more.

Ps if you enjoy the video it would be great if you could subscribe to the YouTube channel that way you‘ll get the updates as soon as they are online.

Finally, if you go on any other forums that you think would enjoy the video or have members from this race series please forward them the link (like i say the race will be covered)

Thanks

Dave

Suped

Advanced Member
Re: DC5 Race Car @ Snetterton – (Youtube)

Nice vid Dave, really liking the kit you have..! temptations...!

Paul G

Members
VERY VERY Good Dave :) :)

At last i'm a star :xlol:

Glad you liked the blast around Snett.....Suprizeing what a 200hp car will
do :wink:

Thks again!

Paul.

dave c

400hp K20
Some pics from the day...

Thanks for all the comments positive results so far, really looking forward to filming the actual race.

jonster

Advanced Member
Nice driving Paul. Do you ever blink? Looks like a very fast track. I'll try it one day but it's so far from Devon.

Paul G

Members
jonster said:
Nice driving Paul. Do you ever blink? Looks like a very fast track. I'll try it one day but it's so far from Devon.
Thks Jon....The car has come along way from are time together at Combe :wink: (but still OEM power).

Blink - my wife said the same, who's got time to blink on track :xlol:

Snett - you would love it, 2 VERY fast 4th gear corners, well worth the
trip up......

Paul.

monz

Advanced Member
Great Footage dave!.. & good driving paul!.. 8) That ek was quick anyone know its spec!.. :shock:

supratoy

Very good video, really enjoyed that.

The car looks very nice and driving was good too.

good luck in your race, looking forward to more video's.