Viewed a Dc5 Finally :0

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Well today I went and viewed a dc5 :)

Now it was priced at 6500, I went to see it and it had some noticeable damage

• Front Splitter has come un stuck a bit
  • 2 bit stone chips i back bumper ( can see white paint)
  • Has 2 weeks tax
I was super cheeky and offered 5800 he said he'd take 5900 but now I am concerned as to why he wants to flog it so cheap.

I never expected him to say yes to 5800 I was thinking 6200, I am just being over cautious

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Those are only cosmetic things, if that's all that's wrong with it I wouldn't be concerned at all.

why would he take £5900? maybe he needs a quick sale, maybe its been for sale for a while and had no viewers. DC5's are hard to insure and so aren't a car that everyone can buy or wants to buy.

He may also be taking lack of tax into consideration

Ezza

Advanced Member
Hard to say without seeing the vehicle. If you gone through all the checks and all come out clean then i dont see any reason why not? Any rust on car, arches and boot? Also, did you find out how much annual road tax is?

darkhawk

Advanced Member
If you don't mind an hours drive mines going up for sale tonight :(

Cw 65km lots of mods etc can pm you details if you want

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Hey

It had no rust 4 new tyres, seemed fine to dry and handle etc

Full history etc it seemed ok just a bit tatty, serviced at the same garage since 2003 hes a car dealer on the side of his full time job

Ezza

Advanced Member
Was it undersealed and was the car in the higher tax bracket? Did you look into the spare wheel compartment to see if the rust was bad?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Personally i would look in the boot and undeneath the car just to be sure. As a trader you would expect him to lose £2-300 off asking price but for £600 with 4 new tyres sounds a bit iffy. Maybe its genuine but i would be careful

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
As said they are common cosmetic things. But don't be afraid to travel to get a good example, it really is worth going the extra mile buddy, can't stress that enough. as above, Wayne's car (the white one) in those links looks like a perfect example, and he has a build thread of all he has done. Much more confidence inspiring.

James

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That's fair enough. One will come up eventually, but for that price there are bound to be slight issues with them, otherwise they would all be priced at 9k +. sucks I know.

the front lip will be a 10 minute job, pull off and re-stick with 3M tape, stone chips...well its going to get some, but a touch up pen will hide until you can afford respray's etc, If its been looked after, good condition, drives nice with no strange noises or pulls then it should be a gooden. xthumbup

Bolsters are another common problem but again, providing the material isn't ripped its an easy fix. its bound to have niggles, they all do at some point, but if its clean elsewhere it gives you things to do to make it pristine.

NOW GO BUY ONE haha :p

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
If you didnt instantly get the 'wow this cars lovely, I want it' then to be honest I wouldnt buy it. You seem to have concerns over it which would tell me to leave it alone and look for another! Be patient you will get a good one eventually. Its 5900 for a reason.

Remember its the first one youve been to look at too!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Mate, best thing to do is wait I waited nearly 3 months until one came along & I got it for a steal & it was spotless plus 4 new
p zero tyres were fitted.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
to put the tax into perspective, In Ireland, all DC5's cost 710 euro per year to tax, which is about 650 pound, and that is considered cheap.

yosin

Advanced Member
i understand the over cautiousness and to be fair i would leave the car as like robcross said above if you didnt get the wow factor when you saw it your going to be constantly looking for something. You know how it is, if your looking for something your going to find something.

DC5RS said:
I totally agree with this! both these cars are stunning!