Views on HKS F-CON ECU

brucey87

Advanced Member
I was browsing ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hks-f-con-sa-racing-ecu-honda-integra-dc5-k20a-type-r-/250821363343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a661e468f

I tried a trusted google search but couldnt find much info. Am i right in thinking this ecu is programable? if so would be a hell of a lot cheaper than kpro.

Any advise would be appreciated! thanks

Stoo

Whining.....
Plus shipping, import tax, custom fees, VAT.....

Then try finding someone reputable to map it.

On top of that you may lose some of the cars functions as it's multiplex.

Stick with K-Pro/k100 mate. Tried and tested....

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-F-CON-S-ECU-Honda-Integra-DC5-DC2-/120738634222?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1c9559ee

Found this whilst perusing yesterday but after some chat stoo's comment of finding someone reputable to map it seems to be the common denominator mate.

brucey87

Advanced Member
ah ok didnt realise i may lose some of the cars functions. wouldnt pros like TDI, 8Speed etc be able to map it? think it comes with software. will leave this alone unless i can get a good review from somebody who has it?

yh saw that one in the link too but would prob be gone by the time i make my mind up lol. also a prc kpro on ebay for £850! :shock:

Mark_teg

Staff member
Not too bad a price if you ask me. From a reputable dealer/business (so will pay a slight premium) so is safer, he uses this forum, no exchange required and that price includes postage!

They go for £550-600 from Joe Bloggs with the hassle of meeting up/exchanging ECUs and then not having your spare ECU coming selling time, so have the above hassle again... Just food for thought Brucey.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The HKS fcon is a piggyback ecu without any of the cool stuff a kpro can do, it's just like a apexi afc or an aem FIC so it is limited in use on an ivtec engine as I don't think it can deal with cam angles ,
All multiplex functions should be retained tho.

As mentioned only a few places can map (TDi north can)

You could consider an AEM FIC , similar price but easier to deal with ( we are just waiting to map the s2k with one fitted )

brucey87

Advanced Member
Yh i suppose its not too bad a price considering what price it would be to add kpro to my ecu alone. its just the most expensive 2nd hand Kpro'd ecu iv seen though.

i did actualy buy a PRB Kpro ecu just before xmas for £150 less than that, but due to finacial issues i had to sell it on before it got mapped :( to say i was gutted was an understatement

may go on the hunt for a mugen or spoon ecu for the time being. just have to save my penny's for a few more months

cheers si, i will look into that AEM one

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
may go on the hunt for a mugen or spoon ecu for the time being. just have to save my penny's for a few more months

Found this mate thought I would share B)

Spoon ECU

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pdetails.asp?ID=100872397

brucey87

Advanced Member
woooooo! Spoon ecu is on its way to me :green: that was a short hunt lol. thanks for that mate!!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
woooooo! Spoon ecu is on its way to me :green: that was a short hunt lol. thanks for that mate!!

Only reason I sent you the link is the missus has put a parts embargo on me till after the end of July so I couldn't have it lol :xcheers:

Let me know how you get on mate. Also means original ECU retained and when you buy K-Pro in a few months you an send this to me for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lo l :p

brucey87

Advanced Member
Only reason I sent you the link is the missus has put a parts embargo on me till after the end of July so I couldn't have it lol :xcheers:

Let me know how you get on mate. Also means original ECU retained and when you buy K-Pro in a few months you an send this to me for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lo l :p

lol. Thats the reason i bought it so quick. If i told my mrs i was 'thinking' about buying it she would of given me grief and i would of had no chance. When i told her i bought it i still got grief but the deed was done! All i have to do now is buy her a chinese take away tonite and il be back in the good books! lol.

Im grateful for you getting me the link but not sure i can give it for free! lol. Total i paid was £374.40 so il give you 1st dibbs at that price when i sell up. lol

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
lol I'm hoping to be K-Proing at that point anyways mate lol, just get me a beer lol :xcheers:

brucey87

Advanced Member
yh thought it was a good price, thats why i was quick to snap it up. Iv been reading a few old threads about it on TRO and apparently the Spoon ECU is more aggresive than the Mugen. So with all my bolt on mods im hoping for a decent result.

il be getting it dyno'd as soon as i fit it tho just to make sure it running safe and see what gains its giving me. I know with kpro i should be around the 250bhp mark but is 235 - 240bhp a bit optimistic with the Spoon? iv got Blitz Sonic power intake(changing that asap), 70mm T/B, RBC, MaximWorks decat header and spoon N1 cat back

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I wouldn't think this optimistic IMO you have some good mods there buddy and should see some good results on the Dyno. =D>