vin number

timp

Advanced Member
on a standard vin plate you can tell the year of manufacture by the letter or number in the sequence. Anyone know how to age a Honda??

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
DC5s are different to UK VIN plated as the japanese system is unique. The chassis number is sequential, DC5-2xxxxxx. The earlier the number the closer to 2001 the car is mine is DC5-23xxxx and its a 2005 facelift model.

timp

Advanced Member
if that is so then would an RSX Vin be different to the JDM?

What numbers have people got and what year is there car?

Raffe

Advanced Member
Look at the tag on your seatbelts near where they attatch to the car as this gives a good indication of the cars age :wink:

timp

Advanced Member
Raffe said:
Look at the tag on your seatbelts near where they attatch to the car as this gives a good indication of the cars age :wink:
Thants initially what i thought of, oh and any other bits plastic etc which are date stampted and got a bit worried :(

But all is OK i had a long conversation with Dave from steels (this guy is so helpful, if you need anything give him a call for sure :!: ) i gave him my Vin number and he told me everything about the call.

Incidently i have a 1003 start to my Vin, the car was manufactured in 2002 and first sold 2003.

linzi94

Advanced Member
timp said:
Incidently i have a 1003 start to my Vin, the car was manufactured in 2002 and first sold 2003.
normally we get "product details" such as the sold date of a car (for warranty purposes) from chassis numbers, but this does not work for imports - even those starting JHM (for irish market) as the HondaUK extranet is for UK cars. i would be interested to know how the information was gained.

obviously i can put i chassis number into extranets EPC and get various info, but not a sold date :?

timp

Advanced Member
Dave at steels seems to think that the car was manufactured in 2002, the bumf i have from japan (i have the origional receipt indicates that the car was first sold in 2003 (it was the later i was not happy with)

Are you telling me Linzi that Dave is lying :?:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
year of manufacture and date sold are not the same thing. There are brand new DC5 being sold at auction that are manufactured in Apr 2006!

The Japanese auction sheet stated the registration date and will aslo tell you the month and year of manufacture.