Vista

Suped

Advanced Member
Not really feeling all that fancy graphicy gimmics. Having had ago, blue screened the bugger on sound driver problems. Don't think I'll install that any time soon. Win2K all the way!! :lol:

fonz600

Advanced Member
Is it actually any good and is it worth upgrading from XP? Also have they sorted out the security issues with it?

Suped

Advanced Member
Newpe and TBC. IMO, stick with XP, way more stable. Give it a few more months or until a decent stable update is given.

mikegsi

Staff member
i was due a pc upgrade so bought one with vista home premium installed on it, not too much different to xp to me, but im no serious pc head!

had no probs with it yet mind..................

crxvtec

Advanced Member
for leisure use it's fine, so long as all the drivers meet WHQL. For serious business use/line of business apps, a lot of testing needs to be done to ensure 100% compatibility, otherwise it can be crippling.

SP1 is due later this year - I think that will bring the stability business users seek, though we use it in anger within Microsoft and it does work really well in our environment.

Office 2007 is bloody fantastic - I recommend anyone running 2003 to upgrade. There's so much more flexibility (though the document/spreadsheet formats are all new).

crxvtec

Advanced Member
cool, remember XP SP3 is out later this year too...that will probably be the last for XP as all eyes are on Vista...hence despite the skepticism, it should be evaluated now with a few to adoption once SP1 is out. Worth sticking on a second PC or a home/media centre PC to play about with.

XP really does look archaic once you've played with Vista long enough!