VRN not matching VIN number?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Anyone ever experienced VIN(Vehicle Indentification/Chasis Number) not matching VRN(Vehicle Registration Number) ???

Looking at a car and the apart from a delay in the V5 which i hope is going to be sorted it all seems legit apart from the VIN matching the VRN. Done 2 seperate HPI checks with different companies that both show they dont match, all else seems ok ie no finance or previous accident etc. Is there anyway that due to being an import it may take time for the system to be updated? Or a way i can check the actual VIN number? The car was only imported 6 months ago but has been registered in the UK.

Any help/advice please :)

Tim J

Advanced Member
Chris,

How exactly do they not match?

When my old VT was brought over from Cyprus, the VIN displayed an 'S' however, the V5 displayed an 8 so it was clearly a typo or recorded incorrectly when it was registered into the UK.

Wrote to DVLA and they accepted the mistake and rectified.

Anything more than that and I'd walk away.

HTH

Tim

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Thanks

Is basically saying they are not registered together. Not sure on the numbers though as what has been supplied is only 10 digits/letters long. Is it DC5_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ or should the country code be added? Tried LA which i noticed someone had posted before.

BTW Chris is my brother that hijacked my account :lol:

Mark

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I would be very very cautious, everything should match perfectly.