Vtec Direct

bazza

Advanced Member
Croccy said:
I also had a problem with getting a parcel shelf from them, waited about 6-7weeks before giving up and buying one from a forum member instead. Wasn't really the first purchase experience I had hoped for.

It seems as though many other people on here have used them and had good service but I just don't know if I would use again purely based on first impressions. Shame really as the catalogue looks impressive and they have a lot of things that i'm looking to buy. Maybe i'll give them a second chance to prove themselves with my carbon bonnet order soon.

In there defense though I didn't have any problems getting a refund from them and the communication wasn't that bad, e-mails were a bit hit and miss but the phone was normally answered.

I understand your pain :)

Matt.
Matt,

It easy to sit and critisise me over a few parcel shelves. I offered you a refund on more than one occasion but you declined until you found out someone had one in stock..

I can only pass on the information that I receive from Japan.. and in the case with Modulo Honda - not a lot of information!

I don't have to prove anything to anyone - I'll quit this business before I ever have to ever question my own integrity.. I've traded on reputation and being a genuine "enthusiast" for over a year now - and for almost 10 years previous to that I've been involved with over a dozen types of Japanese cars - right back before Max Flower and Fast and Furious ruined the scene..

The website catalog is built by us - and its now 18 months hard graft gone into that - 100 hour/7day weeks - and its now by the far the biggest/best in the market - too many of the big boys have charged you members far more than we have for far lesser service for years.. This is a FACT. I've waited 3 months for brake pads and didn't bat an eye lid. It was just acceptable wait for product from Japan.. We are now delivering Project MU within 10 days from Japan..

I haven't adjusted any of our prices after the £sterling crash at the beginning of this year - even to the points where we are making losses just to stop "whingers" on forums complaining our prices have risen - £850 for a Mugen Twin loop? No, still £811..

I've recently processed 12 orders for Mugen intakes and they will receive within 18 days.. Who else can do that?? Most people have been waiting 2 months :roll:

I've hand delivered product at 10:30pm 100 miles from my house just to make sure the customer had the product for fitting at 9:00am the next day.. but you never here about those sacrifices to MY LIFE. Its always the negative..

Or the email/MSN conversations at gone midnight from customers asking question after question where most traders wouldn't even reply after 6:00pm..

With over 1000 individual customers out there and only a handful of actual "thanks" threads I find it totally dimoralising that I quit my highly paid job to run this business and get nothing but grief from people who feel the need to post on forums about their experience (and a lot of the time they simply haven't read our T+C's)

Very rare to see threads like this: http://www.ek9.org/forum/general-chat/3 ... irect.html

Right.. feel better now.. :lol:

Newty

Advanced Member
Yeeeha Yeeeha....you go man!

Bazza...I aint used your services yet, however I have looked on the site many times and it is top of my list to use once I have paid off a good sum for the car. However, you will get 'complaints'. And as I read this post, I didn't really see much complaining, only a question and some information. Unfortunately, not everyone will be satisfied and unfortunately not everyone who gets 'good+' service etc will shout about it...because the paying customer expects nothing less. And people definately will not read T+C's!!!

I manage a private holiday resort, so deal with people from all backgrounds etc and we all get the same attitude. People can be quick to shout when something is wrong, but rarely say anything when all is fine. So long as the silence outweighs the shouts....then Im a happy man!

Its a challenge when you are in a customer service orientated business, especially when the main customer is the English...but thats why we love our jobs!!!

Keep it up....and let the good times roll.

neil278

This seems to have gone totally in the wrong direction and not why I posted this thread.

I was trying to find out if the long wait was normal which it seems it is (I dont mean the 28 days in the T&C's i mean after 50 days).

I'm sure many of you would be trying to find out where your purchase has gone when you have waited 50 days and not heard anything from a company you have never used before.

Bazza obviously you work very hard and you have alot of pleased customers if i was you i would'nt worry about what some people say on forums.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
bazza said:
Croccy said:
I also had a problem with getting a parcel shelf from them, waited about 6-7weeks before giving up and buying one from a forum member instead. Wasn't really the first purchase experience I had hoped for.

It seems as though many other people on here have used them and had good service but I just don't know if I would use again purely based on first impressions. Shame really as the catalogue looks impressive and they have a lot of things that i'm looking to buy. Maybe i'll give them a second chance to prove themselves with my carbon bonnet order soon.

In there defense though I didn't have any problems getting a refund from them and the communication wasn't that bad, e-mails were a bit hit and miss but the phone was normally answered.

I understand your pain :)

Matt.
Matt,

It easy to sit and critisise me over a few parcel shelves. I offered you a refund on more than one occasion but you declined until you found out someone had one in stock..

I can only pass on the information that I receive from Japan.. and in the case with Modulo Honda - not a lot of information!

I don't have to prove anything to anyone - I'll quit this business before I ever have to ever question my own integrity.. I've traded on reputation and being a genuine "enthusiast" for over a year now - and for almost 10 years previous to that I've been involved with over a dozen types of Japanese cars - right back before Max Flower and Fast and Furious ruined the scene..

The website catalog is built by us - and its now 18 months hard graft gone into that - 100 hour/7day weeks - and its now by the far the biggest/best in the market - too many of the big boys have charged you members far more than we have for far lesser service for years.. This is a FACT. I've waited 3 months for brake pads and didn't bat an eye lid. It was just acceptable wait for product from Japan.. We are now delivering Project MU within 10 days from Japan..

I haven't adjusted any of our prices after the £sterling crash at the beginning of this year - even to the points where we are making losses just to stop "whingers" on forums complaining our prices have risen - £850 for a Mugen Twin loop? No, still £811..

I've recently processed 12 orders for Mugen intakes and they will receive within 18 days.. Who else can do that?? Most people have been waiting 2 months :roll:

I've hand delivered product at 10:30pm 100 miles from my house just to make sure the customer had the product for fitting at 9:00am the next day.. but you never here about those sacrifices to MY LIFE. Its always the negative..

Or the email/MSN conversations at gone midnight from customers asking question after question where most traders wouldn't even reply after 6:00pm..

With over 1000 individual customers out there and only a handful of actual "thanks" threads I find it totally dimoralising that I quit my highly paid job to run this business and get nothing but grief from people who feel the need to post on forums about their experience (and a lot of the time they simply haven't read our T+C's)

Very rare to see threads like this: http://www.ek9.org/forum/general-chat/3 ... irect.html

Right.. feel better now.. :lol:
Jesus, Sorry I spoke!

I think you'll find that everything I said was 100% truthfull. Did I say that I had problems getting a refund?? no I said that I had no problems and the communication was good. Was just notifying the original poster that I too had a long wait for the same item as this is the information he was after.

A simple apology would have been fine but if you want to throw a first class hissy fit then I guess i'll be revoking my 2nd chance offer.

Right, Now I feel better.

Matt.

hussain124

Advanced Member
you get some customers who are satisfied with your service and some who are not satisfied. that is just the nature of any business you do.

keevster

Advanced Member
Not bought a lot from Barry, but all the questions i have ever asked, have been returned in a timly manner, so i cannot fault the service i have had one bit, and the items i have purchased have been delivered promptly.

Keep up the good work mate, us honda fanatics rely on you. :wink:

jim-is-king

I have bought alot of things from Barry @ Vtecdirect for my DC2 and he has been nothing less than an excellent trader. He has put alot into the business and has hand delivered most of my parts. He is always competitive with prices and gets them to me as quick as nengun or any other parts importer would do, except without the worry of hidden import taxes.

I have spoke to baz regarding parts on msn at gone 10pm at night and can fully vouch for his high levels of customer service.

When you want import parts from Japan there may always be hold ups that are out of the traders hands. I can testify that if Baz could get them to you any quicker, he would.

I will continue to keep using his service at VTECdirect regardless of negative posts as I am 100% certain that there will be a genuine reason behind them that he would of tried his hardest to rectify at numerous times.

Jim

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
I completey understand what Barry been thought, sometime we have exact same problem with Japanese company like Bride never have the seat in stock and Spoon never have the Spolier...etc... We have just ordered a few Carbon Bride seat and they said will need to wait another 30 days for them to stock up again :?

Sometime its just out of our control, but I have to say Barry sorted all this out professionally 8)

j30l

Advanced Member
Ive known barry for a couple of years now. We were both into evo's then. He's always be genuine to me. Now i got a honda, ive bought near enough every part off him. I over speced my evo by far. Since ive had my dc5 ive told him how i drive ( i.e ive got no abs as i hate driving aids, late braking and dont like the feel of it on the dc5) and also told him the parts im wanting. From this he's come back to me a couple of time saying you dont want that part as its basically the same as this part and this part is alot cheeper and better even though its not a well know brand i.e mugen. I cant knock the bloke for that at all.

Yes delivery can take time sometimes.(very rarely) Like i ordered my cage and it had to get built before it could get sent out. He told me this. I believed him, i have no reason not to. It did take longer than expected but this is out of barrys hands. that was to do with cusco them selfs. My strut brace came well within the time limit (roughly around a 10 days) so thing even out. swings and roundabouts :wink: . If you think the time it take for barry to get the parts is long, cut out the middle man (if they will deal with you). Then see how long it takes.

As ive said, ive used vtec direct for 99% of my parts and i will continue using them until i dont need any more parts. (which as barry may know, that maybe never :lol:)

happy customer here :D

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I not only know Bazza through the forums but I grew up with him and he works his nuts off, I have never had a problem with anything fro Bazza and know a lot of people who have placed orders through him and they also have never had a problem.

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
Have to say ive ordered a Mugen front strut From Bazza (Vtec Direct)

i dont mind waiting even if it does take donkeys to get here.. at the end of the day i know the goods will be produced and will be above standard.

Ive spoken to Baz on msn and via the live chat thingy on there site and its great.. he is a genuine guy 110%!!

morel of the story.... you try ordering a part from japan yourself!