vtec light

abz123

Advanced Member
hi on my ep3 i had a vtec indicator that was wired to the ecu vtec wire and was wondering if it can or if anyone has fitted one on a dc5

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes it can, do-luck do a nice one available from SumoPower, personally get an induction kit, with the noise it will make you wont ever look at your light again. :wink: :wink:

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
ive seen one of these vtec indicators before. i thought it looked ugly. for a start,it was positioned in front of the gearstick to the drivers side and it was at a strange angle as a result of the curved contour of the centre dash. secondly,it was an odd colour, almost see-through, white plastic disc.

it glows when driving,and when in vtec,it changes colour.

Cant imagine it being of any benefit.

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
well wit a gruppeM you know when vtec has engaged think the light is a bit pointless and a lil (fast and furious max power tacky) but if its wat u want different strokes for different folks

The Lum

Advanced Member
Little off topic but I don't see the point in the Vtech light but I could see the point in a shift light. I was thinking of a subtle one as I find that if I am giving the car some stick I sometimes change up far too early (like 7k in a normal car) or hit the limiter.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
I put one in my Del Sol back in the day.
I didn't buy one of the kits though just bought a few wires a resistor and an led cost me about £1 :lol:

I'd rather save the £1 now though :green:

redcap

Advanced Member
Mine came with one fitted in it that sits on the steering column, It's a trip computer, speed or rev counter and v-tec light and beeps to indicate when to change gear so you don't end up bouncing it off the limiter. Some might say it's pointless but i kind of like having the beep.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
teggy_dc5 said:
well wit a gruppeM you know when vtec has engaged think the light is a bit pointless and a lil (fast and furious max power tacky) but if its wat u want different strokes for different folks
Mate,sounds little strange for me,that someone needs a vtec light to understand when the vtec hits:?
My car was screaming in vtec even with AEM CAI only so that you could hear it from a mile :D
Apart from the sound the car pulls ahead like a plane as soon as the vtec kiks in:)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
The Lum said:
Little off topic but I don't see the point in the Vtech light but I could see the point in a shift light. I was thinking of a subtle one as I find that if I am giving the car some stick I sometimes change up far too early (like 7k in a normal car) or hit the limiter.
Have a look at the DRE shift light mate. It's the size of a match box and you can choose what colours you want the lights to be when you order. There's been posts before which should give you some more info ;)