VTEC Roar - Advice!!

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I have just recently purchased my 1st DC5 and the Vtec change over is hardly noticeable (the car is completely standard).

Would a JR replacement air filter make the Vtec changeover a little more noticeable?

If not what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance guys!

:xvtec:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ideally more than just an element as the box does the silencing, for the best noise go for a short ram kit, people will go on about heatsoak etc etc as they are located in the engine bay, however unless you are drag acing there is no issue at all. and you will do no damage, i ran one for years made good power and had no issues whatsoever.
you can go for a long ram type but there are issues with puddles, of course if you want to spend 500-1000 then look at GruppeM or J's Racing kits.

benny

Advanced Member
aem v2 long ram, thats what i got on mine, and the blip makes you smile, and when you change gear at high revs you can hear it suckin makes a noise similar to a dump valve! :D i like it, a good manifold will help too!!

mikegsi

Staff member
replacement element wouldnt make any difference to noise, short ram kit is the easiest to install but you will notice a drop in performance on a standard car, long ram (cai) are very good bits of kit, you can get hydrolock shields to prevent hydroock, but just dont drive through deep puddles to quickly!

gruppem is regarded as the best for proven gains, j's racing make a very good looking system that as yet weve had no figures for on here

dont be tempted by a mugen box, theyre pap.

Zen1

Advanced Member
The combined sounds from a Hks Hi-power silent exhaust and Gruppe M Induction have totally transformed my otherwise stock DC5.

mikegsi

Staff member
Ezza said:
Have you check the oil level :?:
i know what your saying, but i think the vtec is engaging, just on a stock engine the changeover is barely noticable other than a bit more pull to the top of rev range, induction/exhaust mods will make this more noticable

but you should still always check your oil levels! :D

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Have you check the oil level :?:
Yeah the oil levels are perfectly fine! Keep checking that daily as ive only had the car a few days!

Does anybody know any1 who else selling one as I dont particularly want to pay 'brand new' prices!! :xlol:

Thanks alot for the help lads.....much appreciated!

vtecz

Advanced Member
I felt the same when i 1st had my ep3 mate, but after fitting an aem v2, could really hear when you were in vtec.

Not sure whats best for the dc5, guess every 1 has their preference

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
vtecz said:
I felt the same when i 1st had my ep3 mate, but after fitting an aem v2, could really hear when you were in vtec.

Not sure whats best for the dc5, guess every 1 has their preference
I bought and fitted a AEM V2 (i think) and now the VTEC has come alive....exactly how i wanted it!!

:xlol:

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
DanSwift1988 said:
I have an AEM V2 on my EK4, it sounds mental in VTEC!
They do!!

A few years ago I had a EK4 with a K&N drop in filter which i replaced with a pipercross (i think) induction kit......that really did bring the VTEC out! A AEM would be louder!!!

:)

vtecz

Advanced Member
wer did you get the filter from mate, if you dont mind me asking?

looking to get something for mine soon, but may go for an exhaust 1st

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
vtecz said:
wer did you get the filter from mate, if you dont mind me asking?

looking to get something for mine soon, but may go for an exhaust 1st

I bought mine from a member on here (IntegraDan) and its spot on!!

But i believe GIBBYBOY of this forum has one for sale if your interested!

:)