Want to try new products with my DA

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Hello guys,

After I've decided to keep the Teg now its due a very very good clean lol,

I've got myself a Meguires Gv220 DA and to be honest I'm a newbie on the DA front lol I used it a few times on older cars to get the hang of it but only once on the Teg,,

I'm just looking for some advice on which products to use since I fancy a change from the last time and all my products are running low now,

My DC5 is champ White :)

What I normally use :

The normal, Wash, tar remover, clay, rewash, dry, then I normally

• Meguires Ultimate Compound
  • Mezenma Power Finish
  • Poorboys Diamond White glaze
  • Dodo Juice Diamond White wax

I was happy with the results the last time but I wasn't sure if I was doing things correctly ? or in the correct order ?

Which other products are available I could try out ?

Also which are the best pads to use with the Gv220 ? last time I used some super soft ones from Halfords ?

I found ultimate compound to be fantastic to bring the champ white back white instead of brown lol

What other wax's are available ? I've got half a tub of Auto Glym HD wax which I use to use on my old Audi A3, anyone used tis on Champ white ?

What are the best sealants to use ? I've been considering to try one instead of the wax,

Sorry for all the questions lol any help would be appreciated,

G Man

Advanced Member
What you do is actually pretty good. You could swap out the ultimate compound for a harder cutting menzerna. But if you've already done this process once on the car then I suggest you just give the paint a good clean (clay, detar) and then hit it with a final finish polish. You don't want to be removing too much paint.

Autoglym HD wax is good, so if you have it just use it. Have a look at werkstatt acrylic gloss - amazing for white paint.

anton1234

Advanced Member
Jet seal 109 is a brilliant sealent, not the cheapest but it does last ages, the shine has a real depth aswell and it's so easy to apply/ buff off

Erm

Advanced Member
Another vote for Jetseal 109

Its not that costly given a decent wax will cost double and won't last as long.

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I think I'm going to do what I did last time but try the Autoglym HD wax since I already have half a tub if this,

Anyone suggest a good glass polish kit ? I've got some bad water marks on my windows which won't polish out with normal Autoglym glass polish, need somthing more abrasive,