Warning: 2004 Honda Integra Dc5 (2004) £8850

al_the_boss

Hi guys,

Dont know if this is allowed on the board, :-$ but thought Id attempt to let people know anyway...
Im looking to buy a CW DC5 within the near future, however, stumbled across his blue example on PistonHeads today. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1300574.htm Price is extremely low for the mileage/year. Decided to get my friend, who works at Honda, to HPI the car. It came up as Cat C extensive damage. No mention of this in the ad. :x
To be hoenst I havnt actually PM'd the seller to ask about the car, so merely just informing folk :)

Al

jay82

Advanced Member
its always good to warn people on sites about these cars yc53 flo for a example.
whats the reg on the car?

DC5DAVE

Not surprised to see this post.

I also called about it a while back, seemed to good to be true...

However the seller assured me there were no hidden stories with it! :^o But to be honest the guy sounded so dodgy I didn't even bother checking any further into the cars history and crossed it off the list of possible's!

Too many bandits out there! :(

j88 aaf

Advanced Member
i too have enquired about this car and got told nothing of its history, i asked how good the body work was and he said "it's mint, its seen no paintwork either."

he seemed dodgy though, only wanting to deal over the phone, not wanting to reply to emails.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
al_the_boss said:
Hi guys,

Dont know if this is allowed on the board,
It's what the forums/communities,are all about.

Great post mate. :xyes:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
its the usual story if it look too cheap there is something seriously wrong with it. However, i suspect some muppet will be posting i saw a 54 plate sell for under 9k on pistonheads so thats what all 54 plates are worth.

Anyway i will be selling mine in the next couple of months...........which is a mint 54 plate facelift and will not be sold for 9K :green:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
1'st dibs Ian. \:D/

What tax bracket are you in mate?
I'm in the £7.80 per week club...............£405.

The car will be serviced at TGM in Nov and MOTed, currently standing at 32k miles, not used in the rain and crappy weather, i have a CRX for this for the last 2 years and now my wife works at the same company we use her car 3 days out of 5. Also the car is parked in a n underground secure car park at work with disabled with spaces :D its always garaged, i'm looking at Feb for selling,. are you serious chalkie.....? If so i'll give you a shout nearer the time. oh 4 refurbed wheels and RE070's.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
ian.herm01 said:
chalkie said:
1'st dibs Ian. \:D/

What tax bracket are you in mate?
I'm in the £7.80 per week club...............£405.

are you serious chalkie.....?
I just put 12 months tax on mine @£405 and it hurt.

I'll be looking for something in the cheaper tax band. ;)

bazza1000

I seen this one on pistonheads and thought it was too good to be true!

Lucky that the HPi report shed light on it

Smudger

bazza1000 said:
I seen this one on pistonheads and thought it was too good to be true!

Lucky that the HPi report shed light on it

Me too, thought this was too good to be true. I'm in search of a Teg also, (I pick my moments, just before Christmas :roll: :) ) I've been looking for months but haven't found the right one yet. Cheers for the warning by the way Al!

HY53 CPE

hey you guys you missed this one you are all running it down for being a cat c but you made a mistake this time because this car was pure mint .anyway its gone so pay your high street prices if you like mateys. they all come from japan anyway not all cat c cars have damage ha ha.

raz786

Advanced Member
HY53 CPE said:
hey you guys you missed this one you are all running it down for being a cat c but you made a mistake this time because this car was pure unblemished .anyway its gone so pay your high street prices if you like mateys. they all come from japan anyway not all cat c cars have damage ha ha.

bit :? :? How do Cat C cars not have damage? if it's registered Cat C in this country it means its had a knock in this country. Fair enough the damage may have been less than people may think, and you may have got it cheaper than the Straight cars, but to say not all CAT C cas have damage doesn't really make sense to me mate.

j88 aaf

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
HY53 CPE said:
hey you guys you missed this one you are all running it down for being a cat c but you made a mistake this time because this car was pure unblemished .anyway its gone so pay your high street prices if you like mateys. they all come from japan anyway not all cat c cars have damage ha ha.

bit :? :? How do Cat C cars not have damage? if it's registered Cat C in this country it means its had a knock in this country. Fair enough the damage may have been less than people may think, and you may have got it cheaper than the Straight cars, but to say not all CAT C cas have damage doesn't really make sense to me mate.
x2

and it also doesn't make sense why the CAT C wasn't listed in the advert.

Don't you have to state, by law, if a car you are selling has been registered as insurance recorded crash damaged?

al_the_boss

hello, asshole i would firstly like to thank you for your post about my car i will tell you as the car was a cat c but it had no damage and was unpainted on any panel unblemished to masturbate like you but anyway it is now sold and the buyer is more than happy to own such a good dc5 at a bargin price of £8500 unlike masturbate like you who payover the odds dealer prices for a total loss car from japan anyway this owner at least has a decent car at a an afordable price .in the future you would be advised to go and look at a fornicate bargin and make up your own mind and then before spouting on a website about extensive damage not all cat c cars are damaged on the body you fool.its just a government classification.what do they know.cheers from a £8500 richer man.
this PM got me scratching my head too... :xlol:

raz786

Advanced Member
Makes sense now, its the previous owner. Still bad form not to mention it as recorded CAT C, if it was unblemished perhaps explaining why it was CAT C etc in the advert would be informative to people. Why would anyone travel to view a car if it seems the seller is being dishonest :xhuh:

Well its sold so well done

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Still sounds a bit to dodgy for my liking

Personally meself i would have steered clear of it the way i see it is its either damaged or not

Evs

Advanced Member
al_the_boss said:
hello, asshole i would firstly like to thank you for your post about my car i will tell you as the car was a cat c but it had no damage and was unpainted on any panel unblemished to masturbate like you but anyway it is now sold and the buyer is more than happy to own such a good dc5 at a bargin price of £8500 unlike masturbate like you who payover the odds dealer prices for a total loss car from japan anyway this owner at least has a decent car at a an afordable price .in the future you would be advised to go and look at a fornicate bargin and make up your own mind and then before spouting on a website about extensive damage not all cat c cars are damaged on the body you fool.its just a government classification.what do they know.cheers from a £8500 richer man.
this PM got me scratching my head too... :xlol:
I'm not having people sending PMs like that - he's banned.

No problem with this thread btw. Fine selling a car with history provided it's clearly stated and the price reflects it.