WARNING! Ebay Brake Discs

celox performance

Advanced Member
Just a word of warning so that no one else has the same problems as I have.

I ordered some front & rear 40 grooved brake discs of an Ebayer seller 'levo 21' (item number 360016007537) a couple of weeks ago. Firstly on the auction it says that providing that the items are in stock and ordered before 1pm they would be shipped the same day for next day delivery-this didn't happen. I didn't hear anything at all from the seller for 3 days so I emailed them to ask what had happened. Apparently there was a problem with the front discs fitting the DC5 and the discs were just from a normal Integra. The seller never thought to just take 2 minutes to send me an email to say this. Anyway I eventually got the correct front discs after 5 days but when I came to fit the rear discs they were incorrect.

I phoned the guy to tell him of this on Friday and he said he would get back to me. As I still hadn't heard anything from him I phoned him on Monday afternoon and he said he would look into it and phone me back within 10-15 minutes. It's now 4pm on Wednesday so he's had plenty of time to get back it but he still hasn't :evil: . On a positive note I did over 100 laps of Oulton Park on Saturday with the front discs and they have taken the abuse well with no signs of brake fade or warping. I paid £200 for the front & rear set which was a good price (if the rears had fitted) and now they have gone up to £270 for the set.

As I say just a word of warning, I don't want to put anyone off buying the front pair, but if you buy the rears then they won't fit!

killerintegra

I had a similar problem in that a seller had labelled up some brake pads for an integra dc5 type r but when it came to fitting them they were for a standard integra and not brembos, i know how annoyed you must be bro hope this geezer gets it sorted.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes that's them. The fronts DO fit and work well at that, but it's now 11pm Thursday, so nearly 1 week and I still haven't heard anything back from the seller. He's only up the road from me (40 miles) so i'll go and pay him a visit in person if he doesn't reply to my 2 telephone calls. I now want a refund for the rear discs.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
You must have read about Paul G's discs? :lol:

Less you mean who it was aimed at, in that case, yourself.

martyndc5

DISCS

i also was watching these,and called the bloke who is only 5 miles away
he told me they put the grooves in themselves,and the discs were machined from blanks
he told me that they were not as good material as the origanal brembos,but were ok for the price
i thought about it and didnt bother getting them
honda had brembo discs in at £43 each
went for them instead,lot cheaper with extreme pads

celox performance

Advanced Member
These discs also squeal like a pig, only worse :lol:

OMG they are so loud it's terrible. I did notice they stop better on the track over the standard Brembos but that will have been to do with the grooves and not the friction material. As with the Brembo there was no fade.

The guys customers service is terrible and it's now been 2 weeks and they still haven't been replaced. I've spoke to the guy again a couple of days ago and he said that I would get a phone call after 1pm and i'm still waiting :xmad:

I'm trying my best to deal with the problem over the telephone and I don't want to go and see the guy in person because I know i'll lose it :xspank:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Celox

Did you manage to get the problem sorted with regards to the rear discs? Also how do you find these front discs with everyday use and trackday use compared to the original standard discs??

Could be interested when mine are worn :?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes I got a refund after leaving the seller negative feedback, complaining to Paypal and threatening to take it further if Paypal didn't do anything to help me.

In my opinion I would stay well away from these discs if you're using them for everyday use, they squeal badly, so bad that i've had old ladies shake their heads at me :lol: . It must be something to do with the friction material :? . The rear discs won't fit and I see the seller is still selling them to fit the rear of a DC5 :evil:

On track they're very good and easily as good, if not better than the Brembo OEM discs. I've done 2 track days with them and have another on the 29th March, so far they haven't warped which is a good sign.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
I bought front and rear discs for the CTR from this seller and never had a problem, they arrived promptly and once fitted to the car they have been fine :?

celox performance

Advanced Member
The guy uses different makes of discs depending on the make & model of car. I probably will have got different make discs to you. You got the good set :lol: