Warning Light flashes on overrun

emaresea

:? Occasionally on lifting off throttle at about 50 a red light flashes on at the bottom centre of the fuel gauge :?: No other symptom, car still goes as expected. Anyone got any ideas?

jay.dee

Advanced Member
The warning lights in this order are:
Low fuel, door/hatch open, seat belt. So assuming you've got enough gas, doors are closed and you're strapped in, seems like a sensor problem on one of the doors/hatch seeing it's the centre warning light.

jonster

Advanced Member
I find that since the carbon bonnet flexes slightly at speed the bonnet catch sensor sometimes makes the warning light flicker.

Cheers,

Jon

emaresea

jonster said:
I find that since the carbon bonnet flexes slightly at speed the bonnet catch sensor sometimes makes the warning light flicker.

Cheers,

Jon

Thanks for that guys. Seems like my carbon bonnet might be flexing. Weight off my mind but will keep an eye on it.

kaz6160

:roll: why have u guys not got bonnet clips we have on ours do not fancy it flying off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
kaz6160 said:
:roll: why have u guys not got bonnet clips we have on ours do not fancy it flying off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bonnet clips look pants on a road car .. but saying that if I went the CF. bonnet route, then I would put bonnet clips on as I don't want to have to worry about the bonnet flying open whilst I am hard cornering on a track, or blatting down the straights.

UW

jonster

Advanced Member
I personally like to keep the bonnet free of the pins for looks. The better made CF bonnets do not need pins. Mine only make the light flicker when I do over 85 MPH or if there are strong winds.

Cheers,

Jon