Warped Discs?

Wootty

Advanced Member
Coming back from Putsborough today had to do a bit of heavy braking and the teg steering wheel shook like mad. I could also feel the juder through my foot.

So I think the last track day warped the discs :shock:

I was a good boy and did the warm down runs up and down the runway and parked on my piece of wood without the handbrake on - but it looks like the new pads i fitted were performing a little better than the old ones and things got a little hotter than normal.

So thats this months speding money gone up in brake dust...

Any idea about replacements Dave (Steels)?? What about alternatives if the stock ones are not up to the trackdays? I was running with new brembo pads I got from Scottie ages ago.

Brakes will still work mind you but dont like the arm shaking judder I now get :(

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
It could be a number of things not necessarily warped as the dc5 disc is cooled well.

Remove disc and check runout with a Dti and a lathe or similar i will try to find out the service limits, hot spots can be removed by using a very hard pad and braking hard from speed a few times, they can sometimes be removed by skimming too.

Paul G

Members
Or you could make a proper job of it and fit some 2 piece discs :wink:

How many track days do you do in a year :?:

Paul.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
:idea: I have some 2 piece discs, the hubs (middle bit) are fine but the discs are a bit worn. £90 if you are interested.

Dunx

Paul G

Members
type-r-dunk said:
:idea: I have some 2 piece discs, the hubs (middle bit) are fine but the discs are a bit worn. £90 if you are interested.

Dunx

At that price!! (spare set :idea: ) are new discs av for these in Uk/price ?

Thks, Paul.

Wootty

Advanced Member
type-r-dunk said:

Dunx
Need to check a few things first Dunx. In the meantime I've pm'd you.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi
They are universal discs. You just order the diameter and width and poss a choice of maybe 2 or 3 mounting patters and thats it.
Dunx

DP.

Advanced Member
if you were running uprated pads with the standard discs then yea chances are you got em too hot and warped them.. i did the same on Donington GP Circuit.. the extra corners are harsh on the brakes :roll:

Paul G

Members
type-r-dunk said:
Hi
They are universal discs. You just order the diameter and width and poss a choice of maybe 2 or 3 mounting patters and thats it.
Dunx

I had a job to find 300 x 25 discs to fit mine....any idears were to go for them/costs ??

Thks.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
canu get it skimmed? its like shaving the top off a bit of the surface... oem discs are good for 2 rounds of skimming before u should get it changed... or swap to project mu rotors...