Washer Jet has stopped

macer

Advanced Member
Does the washer jet have its own fuse? Mine has stopped working and before I go changing the jet I want make sure it‘s not the fuse.

It‘s only when it‘s stopped working to ya realise how much ya need it. :xcry:

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
if it was me i'd pop the washer pipe off the jets under the bonnet, this would only take 30 seconds or so and then pull the try the washer stalk again jus to see if any water comes out, also does the motor make a winding sound? if theres no noise you would prob need a new washer motor

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
When you say the jet is completely dead, do you mean the motor is completely dead? :-s

macer

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
When you say the jet is completely dead, do you mean the motor is completely dead? :-s
Yep exactly, when I try and use the washer nothing happens except for the wipers moving.

mikegsi

Staff member
i take it you cant hear the pump working then?

in that case check your fuses first, cheapest remedy

do you have a rear wash wipe on yours?

if so consider swapping the pumps over if the rear one still works, failing that maybe pm dave johnson to see if its the same as the ukdm ctr pump, maybe get a price off him or consider a trip to a local scrappy if its the same

if not the same, then either order a new one from dave (guarantee he'll be the cheapest for a genuine honda spanking new one) or try pm'ing one of the resident breakers.....

Andy.

Advanced Member
After checking the fuse and before swapping pumps about, i'd see if there's power at the plug of the pump when you activate the washers on the stalk :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Andy. said:
After checking the fuse and before swapping pumps about, i'd see if there's power at the plug of the pump when you activate the washers on the stalk :)
This would require a multimeter (or similar) which most people wont have. Mike's way of working eliminates this factor :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
Mark_teg said:
Andy. said:
This would require a multimeter (or similar) which most people wont have. Mike's way of working eliminates this factor :wink:

plus that needs 2 people, one to watch the multimeter, one to pull the washer stork arm ;)

macer

Advanced Member
Hoping to get in at the Car this weekend, anyone know what fuse to check?? :xconfused: