Washer jet pumps - opinions needed..

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
recently both my washer jets have stop working, front and back...

Fully topped up and it aint playing ball.. i cant even hear a pump running like u normally do.. so i reckon my pumps have gone?

I took the bumper off today to clean the injen and checked the pumps out at the same time..

Couple of pics that make me think everything is not ok..

Some funky looking colouration down the bottom.. does that look normal?

i gave them a clean etc and plugged them back in but still not working.. i take it i'll fail my MOT if they dont work?

cheers for any help u can give me :cry:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Rob CTR said:
i gave them a clean etc and plugged them back in but still not working.. i take it i'll fail my MOT if they dont work?

cheers for any help u can give me :cry:
It will fail MOT Rob :(

Check & see if Tom @ TGM has any hanging about mate

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
thought it would - i know the prices for brand new pumps from dave at steels and it aint too bad... but still a pain :evil:

dan the man

Advanced Member
wonder why they would go manky...

not using them and the heat creates mould i suppose..so use and top up with fresh everyone else?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Connect a 12V feed to them and see if they move. Its probably a common part and your local dealer will stock it.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep,they look a bit fooked alright...Halfrauds do a few universal fit jobbies which may fit...drop in to your local store while they`re off the car and you may get what you need HTH :wink:

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
cheers for your help guys - popping down to TGM to get a pair that tom has.. fingers crossed!