Washer jets not working

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Hey people, my bloody washer jets have packed up. When pull the stork back the wipers go, but no water. Is there a fuse just for the wasjer jets? I have seen a fuse for the wipers under the steering wheel, but couldn' work out if there is one just for for the jets. There is no noise either, normally you can here the jets engaging, but now nothing.

And, before some smart arse says is there any water in it, yes there is! :xhaha:

Thank in advance :xcheers:

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Check the washer jet pump, take it off and put it on to a 12v dc supply, (think that means taking the bumper off) and you will find out if its the motor or not.

Not totally sure where the fuse is for it but I think it would more than likely be in the in car fuse box

Hope that helps :D

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Can get to it from the wheel arch if you pull the liner back.

Are you sure it's not frozen?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I think wingnutz meant the jets or piping.

You'll be able to hear the pump going if you get under and get someone else to pull your washer stalk.

If the pump is working then check for lose hose. If that looks ok then pull the hose off the jets under the bonnet and see if there is ay flow.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Kind of a bit of both, In the past some of the families cars that just have water in the system, the whole system has frozen, so therefore all the water around the pump.

OliverV

i have the same issue, yesterday i pulle doff the bumper and checked it too if the pump was broken, but there was no power going in the plug when i pulled the leaver for water!!!
has anyone a idea where it could be the issue? i am thinking here of a faulty ground, but i check it next time.. temporary purpose i swapped the hoses for the nozzles, i am using the rear "whale" button for the front ones..

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Have you checked the fuses?

Also how did you check the current? If you can it's worth still testing the motor on a 12v battery just to be sure

OliverV

fuses like i understand are OK, because if you take out the fuse, the wipers would not work, so the washer pump is under the same fuse..
a bit strange... but it happened before a strategic weather, we will have snow and s#it coming from all directions.
i tested the voltage going to the plug, there was none! i think it is a issue of bad ground.. but never know what else it might be. the RSX repair manual does not have any useful info, just if it doesn't work, swap it. but what if the problem is further. the last thing is the wiper leaver, if that has a issue, then good luck for me :D

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Of course, forgot it was all on the same fuse. Good luck indeed! Not sure what to suggest next but it probably would be to remove the wiper stalk. And test it directly, hooked up to the motor.

Honda wiring rarely gives issues so this is pretty unusual

OliverV

issue fixed!

it was too cold for the washer pump. it was a wind chill on the highway around -35 degrees celcius, so the pump had maybe some summer washer liquid in it.. but that still does not explain the power going out of the wiring.. strange!