water in rear lights-facelift

dp9901

Advanced Member
just washed car and noticed quite a bit of water in corner of both rear lights i got a facelift version , anyone else experienced this and whats best way to cure :?

gregb

Advanced Member
Try taking them out and checking the seals,last owner may have put aftermarket lights in and damaged them or maybe just not tightened them enough?

gregb

Advanced Member
Seeing alot of it on the forum in the last few days.
maybe the snow is causing it :lol:

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
quite a few cases already (singapore) n it seems to hit the FL version only... anyone with pre FL having these problems???

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Trying resealing the edges and where they sit against the holes in the body with silicon.

dp9901

Advanced Member
i removed both lights applied sealant along rear light edge and then around the holes in back panel where they fit.have washed car twice since and its been p~~~ing down lately and all seems ok even the moisture in the lights in slowly dissapearing. :D

turbo5

Advanced Member
I had a full fish tank in both my rear light clusters on my facelift. It really used to pi$$ me off.
Solution, remove plastic covers from inside hatch. unplug wiring connectors, undue the nuts, leave one in place on each light, Now the difficult bit there is a screw holding the lights in from underneath. the only way to get at it is either remove the rear bumper or a very long extension from underneath which I did. Once you have removed the screws take the last nuts of and remove lights. shake out the water and drill a few small holes to allow the water to remove, remember to have a sharp drill and drill very slowly or you will have an unsightly burr on the inside which is visable. Leave the lights near a radiator to dry out and refit.