Water marks on spoiler

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
After buying my teg last month, i have been unable after several attempts and quality products, to remove water marks from the level surface of my spoiler where water has been clearly left to sit without any form of wax protection for some length of time. Any ideas how i could get rid of them without going OTT and damaging the paintwork?

Cheers

Billy

Stoo

Whining.....
What have you tried?

A good polish or T-cut may bring them out....

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
Tried a soft going over with a machine polisher with poorboys. Was a small difference i admit........shall i stick with it?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Second time I've said this in a week, but poorboys what? It's a brand, not a product.

A machine polisher with some light polish should easily remove water marks (if that's what they are).

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
Sorry, the product was Poorboys Super Swirl Remover with a machine polisher on a slow to medium speed setting. Im positive it's water marks. As i said it did show some signs of improvement but didnt want to keep doing it repeatedly in fear of ruining my spoiler. Maybe requires a few goes as i am a fan of the Poorboys brand and have faith in it. Cheers skerr406, il give this a bash aswell if this fails and il let you know what success i have.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Beware using Autosol on large areas of paint, it will be a lot more abrasive than your Poorboys product (remember it's a metal polish). If you're sure it's watermarks, then I'd stick at it with your machine and swirl remover.

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
I wouldnt been too keen on the Autosol either, more a different type of polish that might increase on the abrasive element, but not too much. I will keep at it and hope for an improvement, cheers

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Autosol is for bare metal surfaces not painted ares.... [-X

I dont pervonally know the Poor Boys product but it may be that its not drong enough, something like Ultaimte Compound on the machine will do the trick....out of interest, is it a Dual Action Machine your using?

Could even try a paint cleaner of some description.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
when i had my car it came from honda with some kind of coating supposedly to help keep it shiney, it looked just like watermarks and was an arse to remove, but persistance got the better of it, with megs paint cleaner and elbow grease.

skerr406

Advanced Member
W 70M C said:
Autosol is for bare metal surfaces not painted ares.... [-X

I dont pervonally know the Poor Boys product but it may be that its not drong enough, something like Ultaimte Compound on the machine will do the trick....out of interest, is it a Dual Action Machine your using?

Could even try a paint cleaner of some description.
it is more abrasive, very true however, it does work i can assure it does not damage the paint. if done on a continual basis then yes it will eventually remove the lacquer and ruin the bodywork so just be very careful when applying it.

can also use normal polish with it too instead of autosol if still unsure, iv used both, i just found the autosol helped more becuase it was a small area and was really tough to remove as seen in the pics.

the spoiler part was used with polish, was just the coating round the badges i used autosol for.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I rarely say this, but if it's absolutely stubborn, I use a bit of T-CUT!

Also removes dents, ex-girlfriends and boy racers :lol: *none of those is true.

David Fox

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:

Removed my ex-girlfriend. When I made her drink it.

skerr406

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
PORTHOS said:

Removed my ex-girlfriend. When I made her drink it.
Hahahaha!!! That cheered me up after the worst day of my working life lmao!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Use some G3 cutting compound with the polisher, but do it with the polisher wetand keep it moving up and down the spoiler, then polish with your poorboys swirl remover and it should be gone for good!!

You will have just a shiny spoiler now so polish the rest of the car and wax it!

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
Dont worry, its always waxed after washing, Two layers of Dodo juice orange crush soft wax and a layer of Dodo juice hard candy hard wax. Beads like a dream :D